45. Grey and Dull

When Jimin returned to his apartment with a happy smile on his face, a warm feeling was engulfing his body despite the cold weather, and his heart bloomed with magical affection for his soulmate, his true love. His Yoongi.

Jimin wanted to make up for lost time with the omega but Yoongi said to take everything at a balanced pace because they had all the time in the world to love each other.

And to have found his soulmate was an amazing feeling, missing pieces of his heart suddenly attaching together and blending into the most magical emotion in the world. Yoongi was steady and patient while Jimin was the opposite, and that's how they make perfect sense.

The alpha wanted to thank the universe for making Yoongi his soulmate. Never in his life, he had felt so warm and happy before. He questioned himself for not realizing sooner but perhaps, it was for the best because Yoongi was worth the waiting.

Once Jimin stepped inside his apartment, he felt something wrong. The lights were on and empty bottles of soju were gathered carelessly around, lamb skewers not even touched and melting ice cream on their kitchen table disregarded. Jimin frowned, feeling a hint of confusion along with fear.

"Tae?" he called walking quickly towards the omega's room, not minding taking off his shoes or jacket. "Taehyung?" he called again, knocking at the door.

He could smell the lingering scent of Jeongguk still around the apartment, but it was not strong enough which meant the alpha was not there anymore. And then, Jimin heard the quiet sobbing from Taehyung coming from inside the room, he didn't wait for the omega to answer to push the door open as his heart sank at the sight.

Taehyung was curled into a ball hugging tightly what seemed to be Jeongguk's sweater and Bianca the cat was on his feet. He was slightly trembling every time he breathed, letting out soft sniffles and shaky puffs.

Jimin's heart broke at the sight of his friend and soulmate looking so broken. Every alpha instinct in him screamed to go and protect the pregnant omega. So he did.

Taehyung flinched when he felt the bed dropping because of another weight, he recognized the scent even when his brain was too fogged to think properly. Lavender and sandalwood.

"Jimin" Taehyung's voice sounded broken and hoarse probably from crying. And another painful sob left his mouth when Jimin's warmth swamped him in the form of a bear hug.

"It's okay, bun, I'm here for you" Jimin whispered holding the omega tightly in his arms, one hand caressing his hair trying to comfort him. "Tell me what happened..."

"It's over..." the omega murmured sniffling and digging his face into Jimin's chest, seeking comfort. "Jeonggukie and I are over..."

Two hours before

"Tae you're scaring me"

Another deep breath. "Jeongguk... I'm pregnant" he blurted out and it seemed like Jeongguk's brain stopped working, he looked shocked, and not in a good way. "Jeongguk?" he asked after a good number of minutes has passed.

"W-what? What are you saying?" the alpha finally spoke; the color of his face was almost completely drained while his pupils looked dilated.

Taehyung drew his eyebrows looking away from the unsettling gaze coming from Jeongguk.

"You're going to be a dad..." the omega murmured fidgeting with the string of his hoodie. "We are having a pup"

Jeongguk huffed, standing up abruptly and almost throwing the chair he was sitting on backward because of the harsh movement. "Is this your way to control me, Taehyung?"