28: Numb

23: 15 hrs.

Jeongguk felt like dying.

He continued to fight from unconsciousness to being awake, and when he was awake his whole body throbbed in pain. It was better to be unconscious but being a pure breed alpha his healing factor was higher. And his body kept fighting to keep him awake and alive. His blurred vision was focused on the lights in the ceiling, everything was white, and he couldn't decipher the faces of the paramedics and hospital crew surrounding the stretcher he was on.

Jeongguk still was able to hear the muffled voices surrounding him, and he recognized some voices. His mother was there, and Hoseok. Still, he was having difficulty thinking clearly the moments he was conscious, but Taehyung kept invading his mind and he was trying hard to open his mouth and ask about him, but even his lungs were hurting. And something was making his voice sound mumble, a mask... an oxygen mask. And it was making him feel dizzier than before until he was out of consciousness again.

23: 17 hrs.

"You can't go in there, I'm sorry," a paramedic said to Jeon Chie and Hoseok, who were the first ones to get the call and immediately came to the hospital. Thankfully for them, the Jeon Enterprises building was close to the place.

"Is my son going to be alright?" Jeon Chie asked, her face stern as ever but her voice slightly shaking. She was trying hard to maintain her rigid appearance, but she was worried sick for her only son.

"He is a pure breed so the prognosis should be in his favor. Still is hard to say if he has internal injuries. Don't worry ma'am, your son is in the best hands" The paramedic bowed politely and the woman nodded at him.

"What about the other boy?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"His condition is worse than your son's situation and as an omega, he doesn't heal fast. The doctors are treating internal bleeding right now and we are waiting for his family" the paramedic informed, and the woman nodded again. "Now excuse me. Just ask the head nurse if you need anything" he said bowing and leaving the place.

"Mrs. Jeon, reporters are surrounding the hospital facilities and Assistant Han is already outside in your car waiting for you," Hoseok said checking his clipboard and his phone. "I suggest you talk to the media when the doctor updates us about Jeongguk's condition"

Jeon Chie appeared to be lost in her thoughts, still, she nodded at Hoseok. It was strange for the beta boy to see her like that, after years of working for her he had never seen her so shaken, not even when her husband died.

"Jeongguk will be alright, Mrs. Jeon. He is the strongest guy I know" Hoseok said with a reassuring smile.

"I know... I need a coffee right now" she said opening her Louis Vuitton purse to take her phone. "Call me if you know anything" Hoseok just nodded at her order watching her leave, her high heels clicking loudly in the corridor of the hospital.

The moment Jeon Chie disappeared Hoseok let out a breath of agony, resting his back against the cold white wall. He was worried, so worried. But not for Jeongguk, he knew Jeongguk would make it but for Taehyung.

Taehyung was in critical condition.

23: 35 hrs.

Yoongi dragged Jimin among the reporters at the entrance of the Hospital, trying to get the latest news about the Jeons' heir condition after the fatal crash. The police were also talking to some reporters.

Apparently, Jeongguk was above the limit speed on the highway and a drunk driver crash against his Audi with his truck at an intersection. It was a sideway impact, the most affected one was the co-driver of the Audi and the truck driver, resulting in death.