37. Melting Snow

Jeongguk kept punching the boxing bag like he was trying to kill the unresponsive thing, or at least throw it across the huge boxing gym. Just wanting to be focused on the heavy bag training he was doing. Enjoying the loud thumps every time he hit the bag with dried punches. He was panting heavily, taking breaths between each punch. His only distraction was his own body as he tried to perfect his stance with his technique in boxing and his footwork. The white tank top he was wearing soaking wet in sweat and sticking on his muscular frame like a second skin.

"Slowdown Jeon" the voice of his trainer didn't stop Jeongguk's heavy workout. "Your muscles will be sore by tomorrow if you continue this," the guy said standing close to the alpha who kept breathing raggedly while throwing punches like a crazy alpha. The man shook his head placing himself on the back of the boxing bag, holding it still.

Jeongguk stopped for a moment, catching his breath and frowning. "That wasn't necessary, Bobby"

"What got you so work up, Jeon?" Bobby asked pointing with his chin to a bottle of water. Jeongguk stretched his hands reaching for the bottle and drinking almost all the liquid in one go. "Put ya boxing gloves on next time. Punching like that with just bandages it'll hurt ya knuckles"

"You know I don't like gloves. Boxing bandages are way better" Jeongguk smirked fixing the wrap of the bandages on his wrists and hands, ready for another round. "I can use some sparring, Bobby"

"No way" the man replied still holding the boxing bag. "You're not punching another person today. I can smell your irritation" the other alpha said and Jeongguk scoffed loudly. "Come on, let's do some normal training before you tear some muscle," he said, sharp eyes scanning Jeongguk who nodded. "Keep your right foot at a 45-degree angle..." the trainer said eyeing the other alpha's body. "Yeah just like that... Fist at your cheekbone level... Alright, perfect. Now give a few jabs". Jeongguk slightly turned his waist to straight punch the bag with a rapid punch, continuing that way for a while until the trainer spoke again. "Two cross and one hook, keep that going"

Jeongguk concentrated on throwing punches with the rear hand, his right hand or lead hand tucked against his jaw in a protective stance. Then the alpha switch hands, using his rear hand to protect his chin while with the other he hit the side of the boxing bag with a movement that only was seen in professionals. "How am I doing it?"

Bobby rolled his eyes, knowing perfectly how much of a cocky asshole Jeongguk gets when he's boxing. "Fine, Jeon... now tell me what got you so stressed? You were scaring my other customers with your big pure-blood alpha energy"

Jeongguk sighed stopping for a moment to look at the other muscular alpha. He hesitated for a moment, but he could tell his trainer about it, right? After all, Bobby only knew Jeongguk, not his friends or family or life. "I saw my ex yesterday," the black-haired alpha said, eyes seeming to be lost for a second.

"I assume that didn't end up well," the trainer said patting the punching bag and signaling Jeongguk to continue with his training.

Jeongguk did this, mixing jabs, bolo punches, and undercuts thrillingly, making it look easier and clean. "He broke my fucking heart" the alpha muttered, hitting the boxing bag harder than before, jaw tense and his eyes holding untold emotions.

Bobby seemed to be surprised by the information, suddenly scrunching his eyebrows together. "I heard nasty things about alphas with broken hearts," the trainer said, his lips curling into a scowl. "Is that why your eyes look so..."

"Dead? Yeah," Jeongguk gasped through gritted teeth, throwing more punches. "That's why I am like this now, blame my ex-boyfriend"

"He must be lovely" Bobby joked trying to keep his stance still but failing as Jeongguk was using too much strength making him stumble backward along with the punching bag. "Male omega?" he asked again and Jeongguk nodded continuing to recklessly use his alpha force. "Slow down Jeongguk," the other alpha said with his voice louder but Jeongguk wasn't listening. "You can always talk to me about it, Jeon. Let's stop, for now, you'll be sore tomorrow"