48. Butterfly

It was on days like this when Taehyung hated Jeongguk with his entire soul. Especially since he was already seven months pregnant with an enormous baby bump, swollen feet, and enduring the horrendous heat of summer. It was after they were back together that Jeongguk asked Taehyung to live with him again. And despite Jimin's protests, the omega accepted feeling the urge to be close to his mate. But at the moment, as Taehyung was lying on the couch watching some boring romantic movie, he hated his mate for knotting him and getting him pregnant, actually, he hated everyone because being in his third trimester was hard and he was emotional and messy.

And damn, Jeongguk was really patient with him, loving and caring, compliant with all Taehyung's bizarre demands. The alpha was the perfect boyfriend to him, really.

"I need fresh air" Taehyung complained pouting while his eyes were glued to the television screen.

Jeongguk was working on his laptop at the kitchen table. "Do you want to eat outside?" he asked, glasses on and rather concentrated on reading the analytics about this month's sales in his company.

Taehyung turned to look at him pouting again. "I want your attention"

The alpha lifted his head to look at his pregnant boyfriend, blinking and mentally preparing for one of Taehyung's tantrums. "I'm almost done-"

"You always say that!"

"Baby come on, there's this new sushi place-"

"I can't eat raw fish, Jeongguk" the blonde scoffed.

Jeongguk sighed closing his laptop and walking towards the couch where his pouty boyfriend was giving him a mad puppy look that looked rather adorable on him. "What do you want to do then?" he asked softly embracing the blonde while one hand was caressing tenderly his baby bump.

"I want to go to the park and feed the ducks," he said letting Jeongguk kiss him all over.

"Hmm and have some ice cream?"

Taehyung beamed at that; his previous pout was replaced by an enthusiastic smile. "Yes, I want those huge cones with toppings and chocolate chips and smashed cookies!"

"Alright, go get change and we can go," the alpha said softly, biting down his amusement.

"Okay!" the omega exclaimed struggling to get up properly from the couch, the alpha gave him a push to help him trying to not chuckle at his boyfriend, knowing how sensitive he gets whenever he remember how much his body had changed and how big his tummy now was.

Taehyung's mood seemed to change overnight, and as he fed the ducks sitting on a bench near the pond in the park, he looked like an adorable giggling boy. The day was warm, adorned by intense verdant colors, copious trees with dark green leaves, and pretty blooming flowers. The sunlight illuminated the large meadows surrounding the pond, and the sky blazing blue that it reminded Jeongguk of Taehyung's eyes.

The omega looked hypnotized by the beautiful scenery, enjoying the soft warm breeze while hiding under a tree. "You think I can bathe my feet on the pond?"

"Yeah, want me to help you?" Jeongguk asked feeling more enamored by the sight of Taehyung than by the breathtaking nature. Because for him, nothing was more breathtaking than his boyfriend.

And knowing how people stole shameless glances over Taehyung and his gorgeous baby bump filled the alpha with pride, knowing that the beautiful omega had his pup on his belly. An impulse of possessiveness and protectiveness overflowed in each of his alpha instincts.

Taehyung shook his head letting his blonde curls move graciously by the warm breeze, the rays of light making his hair shine golden hues. "It's okay..." he said softly, a pretty smile still on his face while his hands were securely placed on his belly. "We should eat ice cream"