10: Body Electric

When both males, Jimin and Taehyung, noticed the pure breed alpha standing there, he walked closer to them. His stern face never changed, hands in his black leather jacket's pockets and his dark hair nicely parted, leaving a few strands above his eyes.

"Jeongguk? I thought you were gonna wait for me in my apartment..." Jimin said, not sure why he was panicking, he didn't do anything wrong. But why he felt like he was betraying his friend?

And Taehyung just looked at him dumbfounded, he didn't seem to be awkward at all, just surprised by Jeongguk's sudden appearance. And Jeongguk just ignored Jimin and walked past him just to stand in front of Taehyung taking his hands and rubbing them.

"I told you I'll keep you warm" Jeongguk whispered to the omega who blushed instantly, matching the pink color he gained for the cold. After that Jeongguk turned around, placing himself next to Taehyung with an arm around his shoulders, marking his territory. "I got bored, neither of you responded to my texts," the alpha said to both males with a hint of resentment.

"Sorry, I was charging my phone," Taehyung said softly, his eyes glued to the alpha next to him. Looking at him with dreamy eyes, and when Jeongguk turned his eyes to look at him, Jimin swore he saw love in those big sharp dark eyes, something he haven't seen since they were kids.

"Well I'm going then, Yoongi hyung gets worried if I'm out too late," Jimin said with a smile, a soft smile.

"Bye Jimin, I'll text you to meet again for our project," Taehyung said smiling at the smaller male and waving a hand. Jimin nodded waving back at him and then looked at Jeongguk for a moment, wishing for his friend to say something too. Jeongguk just stared at him and Jimin couldn't decipher what he was thinking, so he just left.

On his way to his apartment, he felt strange on the inside. He really likes Taehyung, but he loves Jeongguk, and he was willing to push his feelings aside to make his best friend happy. Because Jeon Jeongguk deserved a little happiness in his life. And maybe he wasn't losing a love battle, he was never in the battle since the beginning. And for Jimin, Jeongguk was a light in his world when they were little, and was sure it was the same for Jeongguk. That was their friendship for them, a bright light in the pitch-black night.

Still, the brunette felt sad and lonely, so he did the only thing on his hands to avoid those horrible feelings. He knocks on the door of his roommate just to hear a husky 'come in'.

Yoongi was lying on his bed reading a book, glasses on, and just a lamp giving him light. "Something wrong?" Yoongi asked lifting his gaze to look at the alpha who was shily standing by the door.

"I don't want to be alone right now," Jimin said in a low mellow voice.

The omega sighed giving Jimin a bored look. "I'm not cuddling you"

Jimin pouted making his puppy eyes. "Hyung...I really need your cuddles right now".

Another sigh from Yoongi but this time he pats the spot next to him, giving in. Jimin squeals jumping quickly on the bed, placing himself next to Yoongi, and cuddling him like a baby koala. The omega hums, just putting the covers up to keep Jimin warm as he continues to read his book, even when the younger alpha was all over him. A smile appeared on Yoongi's face and he couldn't help himself but caress Jimin's brown hair, comforting the alpha with his natural soothing pheromones. Jimin fell asleep in Yoongi's embrace, he felt warm and protected. Yoongi was better than any blanket and his sweet yet minty scent was very welcoming. Yoongi would always give him consistent love and patience and Jimin was thankful for having him in his life.

But for Yoongi Jimin was more than that.

Sometimes things were better left unsaid, to keep harmony in life, to not lose something valuable. That was what Yoongi thought every time he felt like his heart was exploding and the words were about to blurt out from his mouth. Because Yoongi was afraid. Afraid of loving someone, and afraid of those feelings not being returned. But so far, Yoongi has been good at bubbling any weird emotion coming out, containing them well enough. But the thought of those feelings getting stronger was constantly bothering his mind. Stupid human emotions, he wanted to be a rock sometimes.