29: Boys Don't Cry

Flashes of lights, loud alarms, and frightening voices...

Everything null and void after that...

And now the beeping sound of a machine was the only thing he could hear.

Jeongguk grumbled as he open his eyes, wincing at the white light in the room, his eyes very sensitive from being asleep for so long. He felt his body numb with medications, as they were avoiding letting him feel excruciating pain, but he couldn't move it well. Jeongguk moved a hand but it was connected with the serum and it looked purple and swell up. And his other hand was cast in plaster. Still, he forced himself to move his fingers and remove the light white blanket covering his body.

His stomach was bruised, and it has some bandages and stitches on his left side. One leg was purple and swollen, also with a small cast. His other leg looked fine, just sore. Jeongguk closed his eyes for a moment, he felt like crying. Images of the accident invading his head, the sounds, the glass shattering, and the horrible loud smash when his car crashed against the truck...

He shot his eyes open freaking out. Taehyung. He opened his mouth to yell but only a hoarse grunt came out.

"Jeongguk? Oh my god, you're awake! Nurse! Hey nurse!!" It was Hoseok. Hoseok's voice felt almost soothing in the blank space Jeongguk felt he was in, interrupting the annoying beeping sound of the machine.

"H-hobi w-wait!" Jeongguk said, his throat callous and his voice too raspy. But Hoseok didn't even turn, he just ran to find a nurse.

The moment Hoseok came back he was with a nurse. A big smile was plastered on his face while the nurse was giggling at something he said.

"Hi Jeongguk, I'm Nurse Gomez," the nurse said, with a thick accent in her Korean. She was a foreign, maybe half American half Latin. Tan skin, small with curves, and a pretty face, and she was a beta. "Do you remember what happened to you?" she asked.

"Y-yes...car accident...Tae-Taehyung? Where is he?" Jeongguk asked not liking the look of pity the black-haired girl was giving him. He turned to look at Hoseok. "Where's Tae?"

And the way Hoseok was looking at him was not better. Jeongguk started to panic, the beeping sound of the machines was accelerating.

"Señor Jeon you need to calm down," the nurse said with her thick accent. "El Señor Kim Taehyung is not awake yet. His condition is more complicated than yours, but he is stable"

Jeongguk frowned, he felt a knot in his throat and his eyes burning. He wanted to cry and see his baby, to be back in their home, in their bed, cuddling and kissing, hearing Taehyung's deep soothing voice calling him.

"Jeongguk?" Hoseok called him noticing how Jeongguk was trying to hang in there. "He will be okay, trust me," the beta said, and the injured alpha just nodded.

"I'm going to call the doctor. He needs to check on you Señor Jeon" the nurse said with a gentle smile leaving the room. Hoseok watched her with love eyes.

"I think I'm in love with your nurse... I should learn more Spanish words... the only thing I know is 'despacito' and she looked annoyed when I said that to her" Hoseok said sighing loudly, a wide grin on his face. "I'm happy you're alright man, everyone is in the waiting room, once the doctor checks on you they..."

Hoseok kept talking to Jeongguk but the alpha was lost in his feelings. The beta's words seem far away from him. He was feeling guilty.

Guilt sat on his chest and it felt like it was slowly burning him, setting him on fire. His soulmate, his love was in the worst condition, how worst could Taehyung be? Jeongguk was blaming himself because of his stupid jealousy and lack of alpha self-control. And the last thing Taehyung said to him was 'I love you' and the guilt became horrible, eating him alive.