Ultimate Pianist - Chapter 1

My name is Kaede Akamatsu. I'm just a regular high school girl. Though... I'm what people call... A piano freak. Sure, it's a bit insulting, but I don't let it get me down! It probably is true though considering I play the piano all the time...

Right now...

I'm lazing around on the couch... I had spent my days of summer vacation bored. In a few weeks, I have to go back to school. I still haven't decided if I want to go to an academy or not... I sighed and slouched back some more while my parents were watching TV.

Well, there's no point thinking of it now, I'll figure it out eventually! I smiled to myself. Suddenly, my doorbell rang which made me fly out my thoughts.

"Kaede, honey, can you go get that please?"

"Yes, mom!" I happily walked towards the door. My grandma should be moving in today because of her back problems. We all suggested she live here so that we can take care of her. She didn't specify what time she was coming but I didn't think it would be this soon.

I slowly opened the door stepped back to get a running jump to hug her.

"Welcome home grandm-" I jump at her before I open my eyes to instead see two men in suits towering over me. 

oh.

I had to stop myself midair to prevent myself from crashing into them. I looked at them embarrassingly. I compose myself and took a step back awkwardly.

"Aha... I mean uhh, how can I help you today, kind sir..s?" I asked with a red face.

My mom walked towards us with a confused expression. "Hello, what do you want from us?"

"May we speak to Kaede Akamatsu?" one of them said with a stern voice.

"I-I'm Kaede Akamatsu!" 

"I see.." the other casually handed me a paper.

What's this...?

I look at it and see the Hopes Peak Academy Symbol.

"Wha?!"

My mom and I looked at each other at the same time with our mouths wide open.

My dad walked in too to see what was going on and gave the same expression as the both of us.

"Kaede Akamatsu, please, come join us at Hopes Peak Academy as the Ultimate Pianist." they both bowed at us. "We have watched over you, and you are truly worthy of this title." one of them said still with a blank expression. "Please accept this opportunity from Hopes Peak Academy." the other said.

I tried to get my words out but I just kept stuttering. "I-I-I-I-uh-I would-"

Before I could finish my sentence, my mom pushes me out the way and nods like crazy. "YES, YES, YES, SHE ABSOLUTELY WOULD LOVE TO THANK YOU SO MUCH!"

Both of them finally made a happy expression and bowed at us "We hope to see you there at the beginning of the year. Give us a call for your confirmation." they said at the same time and give us their card before finally leaving.

My dad is on the floor holding his chest while my mom was wiping away her tears. "Kaede, this is great!!!! I'm so proud of you honey! Do you know what they say about people in Hopes Peak?!?!" my mom had finally said and wrapped me in a hug. I hugged her back. 

"T-T-Thank you mom I know! It basically gives me a guaranteed career!" I still could not believe that this had just happened. Only a select few get picked at Hopes Peak Academy every year, and I was one of them?!