Tension - Chapter 13

~Perspective Change~

After I ate dinner, I lay down on my bed thinking about Saihara. I didn't talk to him at all today. I missed him so much, even one day without him hurts.. I felt tears form on my eyes but I quickly rub them off. It's the only way, I'm a horrible girlfriend and I'd just cause problems..

I scroll through Me and Saihara's previous messages. We texted a lot over summer ever since we first met.. I smiled seeing his reactions to my teasing. I laughed at our stupid inside jokes that we made up on text. My face felt warm whenever he tried to cheer me up whenever I was in a bad mood. Saihara was.. An amazing best friend. I start tearing up at the thought of him avoiding me forever.

It's okay.. He just needs time alone.

If I had asked someone out, and they rejected me, I would probably need a day to myself. Possibly even longer. I'm such a horrible person for doing that to Saihara but.. It's better than breaking both of our hearts. I know I'm just a bad girlfriend and he'll start hating me..

I eventually drift into sleep, my phone still in hand.

...

The next morning, I wake up and head to the bathroom. My eyes were still red! I washed my eyes until I didn't look horrible and went back to my room to change. After I changed, I headed to the living room and I saw my mom sitting on the couch with my dad.  

"Hey sweetie! Ready for school?" my mom says to me.

"Yep." I reply nonchalantly. I was in a pretty bad mood..

She stares at me confused because I'm usually enthusiastic. "Is something wrong, Kaede?"

I sigh and look down. "No, mom. I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

She just looks at me. "You know, I can tell when you're lying."

"Mom, I'm fine. I promise."

She just shakes her head. "Alright, fine. But know that you can tell me anything, okay?

I nod and thank her in my head for not asking anything else.

~Perspective Change~

I got up, my arms were a bit sore from yesterday. It was the first time I did push ups since middle school.. I got dressed for the day and my uncle and Fuyuka were eating breakfast as usual.

"Heya, Shuichi." 

"Hey uncle. Good morning Fuyuka." I say as I sit on the couch and check my phone.

I stared at her contact..

Kaede Akamatsu

I know I told Momota I would try to talk to her but.. I think it's too soon. It's still awkward. Maybe I'll talk to her at lunch..

...

I arrive at class, and Akamatsu was already there, talking to Chabashira and Yumeno about something. She sees me and awkwardly waves at me, I wave back just as awkward.

I sit near Momota and Harukawa, they were already talking. They've become like best friends over the past 2 weeks.

"Hey, Shuichi! What're you doing with us and not Kaede?" he asked with smile.