Without You - Chapter 38

~Perspective Change (Harukawa)~

I bit my thumb in frustration. What happened while I was gone? The groupchat was blowing up as they were discussing everything that happened at the hang out. If I had talked to Saihara and Akamatsu better, could I have preven-

Kaito's coughs interrupted me. After his coughing fit, he tried to get up.

"Idiot!" I exclaim, shooting up from the chair. "What are you doing!? You're sick!" I pushed him back down onto the bed, making him grimace. "..Are you okay?"

"Yea.. It's just.." He looked frustrated. "What the fuck is happening?!" I've never seen him look so angry before. "Did Amami really do something like that to Akamatsu?!" He yelled. "That's so unmanly, taking another man's girl like that..!"

"Well, we don't know what happened yet. Shirogane could be wrong." I reason with him.

"...Yea." Kaito wiped some saliva off his mouth from his coughing fit with his sleeve. "I guess you're right."

I cringed. "You're so gross. Here." I wiped the rest of it off with a handkerchief.

"Thanks, Maki Roll!" He let out one of his big signature grins. I rolled my eyes at his sudden change in demeanor. He's too easygoing for his own good.

He gets into another coughing fit as he looks away. "You know... It's nice that you're doing this and all." The corners of his lips tilted downwards. I grabbed his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "It's nice having someone I can rely on," He continued, "'cause I mean.. You really don't have to do this, Maki Roll... So, thanks." He turned his gaze back to meet mine. "I really appreciate it!"

A blush makes its way on my face as I groan. "You're saying annoying things again." he smirks in response. "..But no problem. I guess."

"..I appreciate you too." I tell him under my breath.

"What was that?" he leans his ear closer. I simply walk away back to my chair, letting out a disappointed sigh from the astronaut. He was used to me not answering him whenever I said something embarrassing due to his stupidity getting to me.

"Well, whatever. Anyways, do you think they're all okay?"

"..Maybe. As long as Saihara and Akamatsu have each other I think they'll be fine."

"..Alright. Because I texted them like, 100 times and they haven't responded."

I glare at him and snatch his phone. He let out a 'Hey!' as I look at his texts. He wasn't lying, he sent each of them texts to check up on them.

"These are the times where we should be giving them space." I give a lecturing tone as I glare at the astronaut.

"Nah." he shook his head disobediently. "This is the time where they need support the most. Shit can't get done if they're keeping it all to themselves. If shit is actually going on between the 3, they need someone to talk to them." he gives a thumbs up with another signature smirk. "And if we're wrong, we can learn instead of letting drama get around!"

"..Maybe." I huff, not wanting to prove he was right. His logic was surprisingly correct, it'd be better if we were to talk with them so they don't do anything brash. He lets out a shiteating grin but I ignored it. Then I pause to think. "Wait, but now Saihara and Akamatsu know that somehow you know."

"So?"

"You weren't there so now they know someone told you. They know we were discussing about the incident."