Disaster - Chapter 28

Thanks to Shuichi, I was able to play piano peacefully.. Well, also thanks to Soda for this electro jammer machine too. To finally play after being told that I couldn't multiple times was very satisfying. I let myself relax to my melody, but then a knock on the door interrupts me. I immediately tense up.

Oh god, is that Mr. Shirokuro??

I hesitantly walk up and open the door. Instead of a tall white haired man, instead, I see a familiar purple lock of hair! "Oh, hello Kirigiri!" I say to her with a smile. "Do you need something?"

She crosses her arms as she looks at me. "I just wanted to say 'thank you' for sticking up for me earlier." 

"Oh, no problem! He has no say in that type of stuff.."

"Honestly." she sighs before taking a seat. "Am I bothering you?"

"It's fine! You can stay here." I reassure her.

"Thanks."

Kirigiri is the Ultimate Detective and also the principal's daughter.. I'm pretty curious of what Mr. Shirokuro meant by her dad leaving her. Of course, it's not my place to ask though. She was definitely pretty upset about it though, though I can't really read her.. She hides her feelings pretty well. But my instincts were definitely telling me she was upset! 

"I know what can cheer you up!"

She looked at me in confusion as I sat at the piano with an expression. I let my body relax as I let my fingers take control of the piano. I begin to play Maurice Ravel's Sonatine! It was the perfect song to relax the heart. Thankfully no supervisor was gonna be here to interrupt. 

After I finished playing, Kirigiri's eyebrows were raised. "Wow, that's the Ultimate Pianist for you. That was.. pretty good." she smiles.

"Thanks!" I smile back. 

"And yea, that did help me feel a little more relaxed. Thank you, the supervisor's words got me a little distressed, that's all. Nothing too major. Sorry, I should control my emotions better."

"You don't have to hide your feelings!" I say with a pout. "It's okay! We're friends, and I don't want to see my friend sad because of something an annoying guy said.. And you can talk to that other guy too, you seem pretty close."

"An, Naegi.." she smiles. "Yea, I suppose I can talk to him. Thank you, you've made me feel a little better about this situation."

I nod my head and smile. I'm glad a piano freak like me was able to cheer her up.

She stood up and was about to leave but then stopped. "Hey.. Was Saihara the one who asked you out?"

"Huh?" I was a little confused about the question, that was random. "Oh um, yea. He was." 

I remember that time I rejected him.. Sorry, past Shuichi. 

"I see. And.." she shook her head. "Actually, nevermind. Thanks, see you tomorrow." she walks out the room as I wave at her. Huh, I wonder what that was about. Well, back to the piano I go!

~Perspective Change~

I relax in my talent development room. As a detective, there wasn't much to do than study other cases. To be honest, it was getting pretty boring. I always did the same thing whenever I went to my talent development room. I wonder how Kirigiri handled things. 

Mr. Shirokuro had his eyes on me anyways. I wonder if he thought my talent was beneficial to society? Well, he had said that Kirigiri's talent was beneficial and we have the same talent so.. I would assume so.