Hopes Peak Getaway - Chapter 24

The next day at school, Saihara and Akamatsu walked in to see the new couple talking to each other. Harukawa was sitting at her desk while Momota was sitting on the desk, talking about something about space. 

"Yoo, sidekick!" he waved to Saihara.

"Hey Momota!" Saihara waved back. Akamatsu waved as well with a smile as the two walked over to them.

"So, how are you two?" Akamatsu gave an interested smile.

"Ah, we're pretty great!" Momota said enthusiastically.

"It's only been one day." Harukawa sighed.

The pianist laughed. "Remember what you told me at the arcade the other day Harukawa? I knew there was something between you two." she gave an accomplished look as she put her hands on her hips.

Harukawa just blushed and looked away. "Whatever.."

"Hm? What was the conversation?" Momota asked with a curious look. 

"Oh, she just said-"

Harukawa cut her off with a glare, sending chills down her back. 

Suddenly, Mr. Harada came walking in, looking bored as usual. He put his stuff on the desk and began talking. "Class, today, I actually have something relevant to say." 

The students looked at him in confusion as they took their seats. "What is it, Mr. Harada?" Tojo asked.

"They're allowing a select 15 students from the entire school participate in a getaway over the weekend. You will remain there for 3 days, you all arrive at 4 PM next week friday and get out on the next Monday morning. Of course, they'll provide dorms and food." he said with a blank stare.

"Oh really?! Where?!" Akamatsu said with an excited voice. She couldn't pass up an opportunity like this, she had been dying to go out somewhere.

"It's at an academy quite similar to Hopes Peak Academy," he explained "it's pretty old but I'm sure the Ultimate Housekeeper will do something about that." he yawned. "Anyways, if you'd like to participate, at the front desk you can fill in a sheet with your name. If you're lucky, they'll randomly select you. Results will come in tomorrow."

"Ehh? What's the point?!" Oma yelled out. "What would we even do there?"

Mr. Harada sighed. "I don't know, something stupid about fun. Another teacher proposed it so that all the other students can get along with each other even when they're in separate classes. There'll be a lot of fun activities to do there, like, uh.. Walking, sleeping, et cetera."

They stared at him with a confused look but then he remembered the main purpose of the trip. "Oh right, there's also gonna be activities to develop your talent. Forgot about that. It's pretty similar to your talent development rooms at school, but with more stuff."

'That had been the most important part!' Saihara and Akamatsu had the same thought.

"Alright! I'm definitely signing up!" the astronaut yelled out as he punched his fists together.

"I suppose I will, I've been prettyyy bored!" the supreme leader leaned back in his chair.

"Uh, I don't really think I need to develop my talent further." Saihara said with a chuckle but Akamatsu grabbed his hand to convince him.

"Come onn, it'll be fun! What if we both get in?"

"That's not guaranteed though.."

"Let's take that chance! Even if we don't get in, it's an opportunity to meet people! Please sign up with me?" she gave puppy dog eyes to him as he gulped.