The Truth Behind Your Lies. - Chapter 14

~Perspective Change~

I walk to school alone. Again. Well, it's my fault for stepping out of lane and confessing to her.

Actually no.. Momota said not to doubt myself..

It's unfortunate that she rejected me, but I'm not gonna say I'm below her. Maybe she just isn't ready for a relationship. It's completely understandable, but it hurts..

It feels weird to walk to school without Akamatsu. But, I don't want to get used to this, I want to walk with her again as soon as possible. She ran away from me yesterday, probably because I grabbed her hand.

I'm so stupid!

I smack myself in the face of my idiocy. Why would I do that..?

I probably ruined everything, didn't I?

I finally arrive to class. Akamatsu looked away as soon as I entered. I figured this would happen.

Harukawa was staring at me closely. Did I do something to her..?

Mr. Harada walks in before I could say anything. "Alright class, take your seats. Today, we'll be learning about something I don't care about." he gave us a cheery (but probably fake) smile and we all took our seats.

Class passed and I sat with my friends again for lunch again, as usual.

I brought out a sandwich and took a bite.

"Ooo, Saihara! That looks yummy, let me get a bite!" Oma opened his mouth wide.

"..No." I replied.

"Aw.. You're so lame. Would you have accepted if I was Akamatsu?" I blushed at his comment.

I just sighed. "I'm not in the mood right now.."

"I don't understand why she would even need to be fed, isn't she old enough to feed herself?" Keebo said, steering the attention away from me. I silently thanked him in my head.

"Oh, sorry Kee-boy! Forgot you're a robot that doesn't understand human emotions, you don't understand the romance behind it!" Oma snickered. "You don't have to engage in our humanly conversations."

"Hey! It's not my fault that I've never seen it happen! Just because I don't understand it isn't because I'm a robot, this is just plain robophobia now." Keebo glares at him.

Momota looks at me. "Hey Shuichi, you good man?"

"..Not really. My best friend seems to be avoiding me after I confessed to her. Well, I was the one who avoided her at first but now I'm the one getting avoided. I probably deserve it." I look down.

"Hey, don't bring yourself down about it, man! Remember our talk? I don't really want to punch you in front of everyone to knock you to your senses." I awkwardly laugh remembering him consecutively punching me a few days ago. "Anyways, yea. Don't let this ruin your guy's relationship. I'll help you, but you have to have a positive mindset in order for this to work!" he gives me a smile and a thumbs up.

"Alright, Momota.. I guess I'll try to be more positive about this situation." I don't know how I would be, but I'd try. I didn't feel like getting pummeled by him today. It's not like Momota's a bully, sometimes people need a punch to wake themselves up.

"If you get it, try to talk to her again. Look, she's alone right now." he pointed at Akamatsu.

"Huh?"

I look at her, and he was right, she was alone. It looked like her friends were talking to Harukawa in another side of the room. Yea.. I might as well apologize for being weird yesterday.