A Melody With You - Chapter 15

Hearing that from Kaede made my whole week. It was worth the struggle to get to hear those words from her.

"S-Shuichi, d-don't leave me, okay?" she looked scared. It's crazy how she thinks that's an option.

"I promise that I won't." She hugs me tighter from my response. 

"I-I don't want a repeat from last time. The main reason I wanted to lose feelings was because.. I was afraid I would break your heart, like I did with my ex. I-I'm sorry.." She looked down sad.

"Kaede, it's okay.." I held her tighter. "I'm just glad that we can be together now. It took a while, but at least we're together now. Honestly, I thought that when you rejected me, I thought that was the end of everything. I almost wanted to give up on you but I couldn't, so I'm really happy that you reciprocate my feelings." We smiled at each other.

I looked at her smile quiver and she began crying into my shoulder. I didn't know if it was from joy or sadness, but I know that I have to be there for her. Not only for her happiness, but for mine as well.

I let her let it all out. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. " I comforted her telling her it's okay as a I stroked her hair to calm her down. It was a bit embarrassing, but I think that would help her feel better.

After she stopped crying, she looked at me, her smile returned. "Thank you, Shuichi.. I.. I really love you. Thank you for still loving me even when I was being selfish."

I blush, her mood changed so quick. "Kaede, of course.. and, I-I love you too.." she leaned in for another kiss, I accepted it with all my heart. Until-

"YOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK?!" I heard a familiar voice scream. Me and Kaede immediately seperated. We looked to the origin of the voice and we saw.. 

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW YOU TWO WERE TOGETHER!" Iruma was dying with laughter and pointing at us. "BUT STILL, THIS IS A SCHOOL GUYS! GET A ROOM BEFORE HAVING A MAKE OUT SESSION! Oh man, this is rich!" she was cackling.

Me and Kaede looked down in shame, our faces were beet red.

"J-Jeez Iruma.. Y-You don't have to say it like that!!"

"You guys were TOTALLY about to do it right in the halls right?! Ah man, you horny fucks! That bulge in his pants is practically talking to me!"

We both yelled out in embarrassment at the same time.

"No, s-shut up, I-I didn't have a.. that!!! And we weren't doing anything weird!" I look away.

"N-NO! S-Shut up, we weren't!" Kaede looks away as well.

"Eeee! O-Okay.. Y-You don't guys have to yell at me.." she immediately drooped down. "I was just trying to get some materials I left in my talent development room.. but then I saw you two fucking.." 

"W-We weren't! We were just k-kissing!" I insist. Kaede lightly hits me on the arm for saying that. I can understand why that embarrassed her.

"Anyways, w-we have to go, Iruma. D-Don't tell anybody about this, I swear!" I see her obediently nod her head. "I'll see you next week!" 

She grabbed me by the arm and quickly got us out of there. That was embarrassing.. Out of all the people to interrupt, I think Iruma had to be the worst person. I looked back and she trotted off to her Development Room. She was so vulgar at times, but once someone got mad she would immediately become gloomy.. What's her deal?

We get to the front of the school. "Jeez.. What horrible timing by Iruma. It ruined our moment." she sighed in disappointment. I just chuckle.

"Do you want to walk home together again?" I ask her. I missed our walks together. It just feels right.