Dawn of Despair - Chapter 33

~Switch Perspective~

As Shuichi and I walked into class today, and it looks Mr. Harada was right. Rantaro was sitting at his desk and everyone was crowding around the green haired boy. The two of us walked up to him too.

"Amami, how was the tripp, was it funn?" Oma asked the boy.

"It was pretty fun." he responded with a smile. "Hey, I got some souvenirs for all of you."

"Woah, really?" Momota smiled. "Thanks, man!"

"No problem." he whipped out his backpack and poured out a bunch of stuff on his desk. Our eyes widened at the amount of stuff that just came out. "Sorry, some of you may not enjoy it.. Just some stuff I picked from a bunch of shops. Feel free to take anything you want."

"What do you mean, this is great!" Keebo exclaimed as he picked up a shell necklace. "This is really well made.."

Everyone took a souvenir, there was a vast variety of interesting stuff. I myself took a magnet in the shape of a piano, it was pretty cute. 

Mr. Harada comes walking in and locks sight on Rantaro. "Oh, Amami is here. Well, I already knew that." Rantaro smiled and waved at him. "You missed a bunch of stuff, but it doesn't really matter. Have Akamatsu tell you what happened or something." he yawned as walled behind class."

"Eh, why me?" I asked him.

"You're the class rep, so. Helping out classmates is something you'd do." Oh, so it's not because he's my ex. No way Mr. Harada would've known that in the first place. 

"Oh, you're class rep? Congrats, Kaede." he gave a gentle smile. I gave an awkward one back.

"Thanks.." I responded. 

"You can catch up with that later, I'm starting class now." We all sat down as Mr. Harada began lecture. 

I whisper to Shuichi as he sets up. "Hey, I'm gonna talk things over with Rantaro at lunch. Sorry I can't hang out today!"

He whispers back. "Oh, no it's okay. I'm glad you're trying to resolve the tension between you two." he gave a gentle smile. He really is too sweet, I smiled back.

"Thanks. I promise I won't do anything, trust me!" I pumped my fists up.

"I know you wouldn't."

As class ended, I walked up to Rantaro. "Hey, I can help you catch up. Want to go over things at the library?"

He had a surprised look on his face, as if he didn't expect me to strike up a conversation with him ever again. "Oh, sure. Thanks." He picked up his stuff and walked out the door. "Let's go." I walked out with him and waved goodbye to Shuichi. He awkwardly waved back, making me giggle. 

"I'm honestly surprised you decided to talk to me. I mean, after all.. I kinda broke your heart." he chuckled.

"W-Well, it's okay. I already decided that we'll put this behind us.." I smiled without looking at him.

"I'm glad, I just want us to be friends again at least."

 "I hope so too.." Not entirely a lie, I just want all of us to be friends. It would suck if I befriended everybody except for him. I want to forgive him but I just get mad whenever I think about what he did.

We finally arrived at the library and we sat at a table together. I took out my notes. He smiled as he brought out his notebook. "Thanks, I hope you don't mind if I copy it word for word."