Planning - Chapter 43

~Switch Perspective (Saihara POV)~

As Kaede and I walked into class, we took our seats assuming that this was going to be a pretty normal day. After talking together for a bit, Mr. Harada walks in as well with his usual bland expression.

"Hello, class. I hope you had an alright weekend." he began with a typical bored expression. We've all pretty much got used to his lack of enthusiasm to teach, I really have to wonder why he's still a teacher here. "No important announcements today except for the fact on Thursday and Friday we'll be having a cultural festival."

...

"Huh?!" a lot of us yelled out.

"I'd think that's pretty important!" Keebo placed a hand to his chest as he called out.

"Jeez, calm down. Everyone was alerted today. We have all class to decide what to do." he scratched the back of his head with a yawn.

"All class?!" Shirogane yelled out with a confused tone. "What about learning?"

"You really wanna learn?" he raised a brow.

"N-No."

"I don't see the need to teach anyways." he shrugs. "It's a weird policy. We just gotta teach you something every day."

Teaching is a weird policy for school?

"Apparently parents complained." he sighed as he continued ranting "Saying focusing on developing talents won't help them in the future. Even though it will; if you graduate from here literally every job or college would you want you." he emphasized on the 'literally.' "I guess in a way, they're right."

"Huh?" I asked.

"Nothing." he scratched the back of his head as he avoided the question. "My main point is that I don't necessarily have to teach. As long as you perform okay in tests, we'll be fine. If you guys get done early, I'll teach. You can't work on your event anyways until after school..." he focused his attention on Kaede after his speech. "Anyways, class rep, how about you take it from here?"

"Huh?" Kaede picked her head up to focus upfront. "U-Um... I think it's a fun idea and I'll help out any way I can."

"Great. Because we need a topic of what to do." he tosses a piece of chalk to her as he sits on his chair. He leans back and puts his feet up, quickly falling asleep. Akamatsu awkwardly laughed as she went to the front of the class.

"Wow, our teacher is so reliable!" Oma laughed.

"No, he's really not!" Keebo argued.

"Jeez, be nicer to your teacher. Are robots really that heartless?"

"How rude, assuming I'm like that just because I'm a robot!"

"So you're just a bad person in general?" Oma grinned. "Gotcha."

"No!" he fumed.

"Shut up for a second!" Akamatsu shut up the two bickering students. "A class event, huh..? What can we even do?"

Mr. Harada opened one eye. "Oh yea, forgot to mention. They're mixing the sports festival and the cultural festival. So while us teachers set up the sports events, you kids can set up your own attractions at the class."