Moving On - Chapter 41

~Perspective Change (Saihara)~

"Uh..."

I turned around to face my uncle. A look of bewilderment resided on his face as he faced us. As he saw the two of us set our sight on him, he averted his gaze.

"How are you always here?!" I yell out in embarrassment as I cover my face.

"Man, I dunno!" he shuffled to his room and closed the door. Through the door, I hear his muffled voice call out to us, "I'm staying here so this shitty cliché doesn't happen anymore!"

With a groan, I face back at Kaede who had a red tint on her cheeks. She was still holding one arm around my waist, the other hand on my shoulder to stabilize herself as she looked into my eyes. I then stop to let myself get consumed by my thoughts as I face my new girlfriend- or rather my old one.

What do I do in this situation?

Her face was a definite shade of pink from being caught like this, but I didn't know how to proceed. What did I do when I first confessed to her like this?

Ah yea, get rejected.

The second time I asked her out, Iruma had walked in and interrupted our kiss... Pretty similar to the situation right now, except it was my uncle who had walked in. After that, I introduced my new girlfriend to my uncle and Fuyuka. Then we went to my room to watch a documentary...

Then after that we cuddled in my room..

Oh god, should I do that again? Would it disappoint her if I didn't?

"Hey Shuichi?" her words quickly threw me off my thoughts as I adjusted my focus on her again.

"Y-Yea?"

"Uhh.. I think I have to go. It's getting pretty late." she awkwardly laughed, I immediately look at the clock.

7:48 PM...

With a dejected sigh from my failure to do anything appealing for her, I face back at her. "Oh, okay."

"Don't worry," she puts a finger to her cheek as she winks, "let's go on a date tomorrow. Make up for our lost time!"

Just from that one glance at her, I blushed. She was too cute for her own good, I can't believe I had the willpower to break up with someone like her.

That's not a funny joke, me...

Cursing my own thoughts, I gave a smile back. "Of course."

"Yay!" she pumped up her fists. "Hm.. Wanna meet up at that café?"

"Yea!" I definitely missed the cakes served there. We hardly even called it by it's real name half of the time. We've grown accustomed to calling it that café, it felt wrong to call it anything else. What even was the name?

"Okay!" Kaede's loveable voice interrupted my thoughts. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Shuichi." she went on her tip toes to give me a quick kiss. "Love you."

"...Love you too." I mutter, trying to hide my blush but I did a terrible job at it, resulting in a laugh from the girl. She turned to face the door, pulling her arms off me (unfortunately) and made her way to the door. She stopped before she held the doorknob, I tilted my head in concern.

"Shuichi.." she muttered, I could barely hear her voice.

"..Yea?"

"I'm sorry." she looked back, a sad look in her eyes as she hovered her hand over the doorknob. "For everything."