Short 7 - Little Saihara

A.N: Kinda canon to story, at the same time not. It's the same plot as the story but.. in another universe, u know(unless u want it to be canon because i dont really care)?? You'll see why. (this idea was originally gonna be a steins;gate rewrite but with danganronpa bc i love steins;gate but I couldn't fit it in one chapter.. So enjoy this instead. watch steins;gate if u havent or play the visual novel.)

Also I lowkey stole a name from one of my comments, I'm sorry KaedeAkamatsuSan LOL

Saihara was walking home from school, hands in his hoodie pockets. He looked to his side and saw other kids walking with their friends, some even had girlfriends. He looked to his other side and saw.. No one.

He sighed, he's never been the best at interacting. Sure, he had some friends but they weren't close enough to walk home together. Maybe it's his because of his strange demeanor; he was calm compared to everyone else due to his uncle's teachings and he was probably the only middle schooler that actually had a job.

He prefers being alone, but he doesn't want to be alone.

Even he himself didn't really understand the reasoning behind that. He's a total introvert, so he should be happy being by himself. Except he's not.

He turns the street corner and sees a little girl with black hair walking around looking for someone.. She was maybe 6? What was she doing here alone? He gave a weird look as he passed by her, not trying to bump into her. "Excuse me.."

"Papa!" she jumps and gives him a hug from his back.

"W-Wha?!" he almost falls over but catches himself. He takes a look at the girl once more, and she was looking at him with a big smile. He got a better look and noticed golden music pins in her hair, whoever her parents are have good taste. She also had bright violet eyes, almost glimmering in delight looking at the boy. She hugged him tighter as she tried to pull him down to her height.

"Let's play!" her eyes were shining with anticipation. The boy cringed at the situation. She's definitely confusing him for someone else.

"U-Um.. I'm not your father." he says with a nervous chuckle. This would definitely be a problem if one of the other kids saw this. A little girl hugging the middle schooler Saihara..

Oh god, the rumors!

He needed to find her parents, fast. Luckily, at the detective agency he worked at he's dealt with numerous cases of getting missing children back to their parents. This would be a little difficult than what he was used to though, because he would actually have to communicate with a child.

"Miss, what's your name?"

"Did you forget my name, papa!" she says with a giggle.

No, I don't know you!

"I'm not your father.. But, I can help you find your father!" he says as he tries to shake the girl off. She grasps his hood and pulls it down, choking the boy.

"But papa is my papa.. Are you abandoning me..?"

The guilt struck him in his heart.

He guessed he had to act as her father for now. "N-No, that's not it! I mean, uh.. Do you remember where our home is?"

"No.. I don't pay attention 'cuz you always carry me there!"

"Please don't make me carry you."

She made him carry her.

Saihara wasn't the most athletic boy so he struggled to take steps. It didn't help that he only like 2 feet taller than the girl, he was still in middle school! "Do.. Do you recognize anything?" he says between pants.