Practice - Chapter 45

Akamatsu POV

And so...

The next day after school, Mr. Harada shifted from being an uncaring one to a strict and motivated one. As soon as we heard the bell, his personality changed completely. "Alright, let's get started. Everyone, let's work on your performances."

"Jeez, already? Give us some time to put away our notes." Oma sighed loudly.

"You haven't even written notes." Momota pointed out.

"Yes, I have! In my head, dumbass!" he pointed to his noggin with a grin as the astronaut rolled his eyes at him.

"Well, that's fine." he shrugged. "Just meet me up in the stage when you guys are done. Iruma, did you finish everything?"

Oh right, Iruma... She was pretty quiet today, I almost didn't notice her presence. Come to think of it, she didn't even hang out with us at lunch... Whoops.

"Yes... I'm done." she breathed weakly as she put up her frail arm. I recoiled back in my seat as I set my eyes on the feeble girl. She looked like she hadn't ate in days!

"Iruma, are you okay?!" I call out in worry.

"Huh? She seems perfectly healthy to me." Keebo looked back to her with a confused look. "I guess she looks a little tired though. My apologies if I am incorrect..."

"I guess this really is one of those moments where a robot doesn't get it." Harukawa muttered to herself.

"Is that a robophobic remark?!" he pointed to her in offense.

"You know, it's been a while since I heard that." Momota pointed out. We all nodded in agreement.

"That phrase isn't for any of you..." he seethed.

"I just... Haven't slept at all... Because I had to make these things for your fucks..." she grimaced as she hung her hair over her face. "I'll sit on your fucking face if you make me do something like that again, I'm not your servant."

"Really? Because I can't see you being anything more than that!" the supreme leader mocked her with a laugh but Iruma was too weak to react.

"Anyway," Mr. Harada interrupted our conversation, "as I told you yesterday, I reserved the stage for us. We can't work on it tomorrow because apparently another class it gonna use it so let's make this count, alright?"

We nodded our heads.

"Remember, we got until Friday. Plus, all day tomorrow. I guess this is one of those times I can thank Hopes Peak Academy for not caring about proper education." he shrugged. "It's our first day working together and hey, some of us haven't even started. So good luck. I'll do my job as a teacher to make sure what you do won't be trash. Just show me what you'll do and I'll guide it in a way that isn't trash." he walked out of the door after waving us goodbye.

You know, it's nice he's gonna help us out but it means a lot less knowing it's for a bet...

...

As we got our stuff, we made our way out. To be honest, I didn't even know this room existed but I assumed it had to be there. It was pretty grand too, it was a separate building from the actual school. It would be weird for a school as prestigious as this not to have one.