Maki Roll- Chapter 8

Me and Saihara finished up lunch, and spent the rest of our break just talking. 

"What do you think of the class so far?" He asked me.

"Hm.. I think I can deal with everyone here.. I want to be friends with everyone!" I said with a happy expression. But suddenly, I remembered that he was here.. "Eh.. Almost everyone."

"Who? Everyone except Oma?"

"No, I think I could even be friends with Oma if we get to know him better. I'm talking about Rantar- I mean Amami." 

"H-Huh? Why? I thought he was one of the most normal people here. A-And why do you call him by his first name?"

I sighed. "Amami is my ex, Saihara." 

"W-Woah!" he yelled out and then immediately got quieter to not attract attention. "Really?"

"Yea, I don't really want to talk about him though."

"I understand." he then changed the topic. "I don't know if I can make friends to be honest. Everyone here seems.. A bit strange."

"Nah, Saihara! You're really nice, so I'm sure you'll befriend everyone. And if you hide under your shell, I'm gonna force you to get out there!" 

He chuckled awkwardly. "Thanks, Akamatsu."

"Do you think there's a piano room? I'm dying to play some piano right now." I sighed. 

"Probably.. Or at least a piano somewhere in this school. This school makes sure we can build up our talents so it should have something for the Ultimate Pianist."

"Let's go look!" 

"A-Alright." Me and Saihara left the room to look for a music room.

"Hm.. In this map, it should be down this hallway." Saihara pointed and I followed him. 

"It's a good thing you brought that thing, I usually just hope that I know where I'm going!" I laugh. We get into the music room and open the door, and we see a girl jamming with a guitar, fire coming out of it. "W-Woah!!"

She was really going at it, she didn't even notice us come in. I'm surprised that I didn't even hear the music from outside, it was really loud inside with all the speakers. She was cooking a barbeque with her guitar. Saihara had a blank expression, almost as if he's used to the weirdness of this school.

Finally she finished her song and looked at us. "Hm? When'd I get an audience?"

"A-Ah! Hello, I'm Kaede Akamatsu and this is Shuichi Saihara. I'm the Ultimate Pianist and he's the Ultimate Detective. We were just here to play the piano!" 

"A fellow musician?!" she yelled out as she ran towards me. "I'm Ibuki Mioda! Ultimate Musician, how about the two of us do a sick duet!" 

"Yea, sure!"

"Uhh, really? You guys can do a duet? But isn't a piano more like.. Calm? And an electric guitar.. Not calm??" Saihara asked.

"Of course we can! I think. I'll figure something out!" Mioda said.

The rest of our lunch, Mioda and I tried to play a duet together but it never worked.. Our playing styles contrasted too much. I would be playing too soft while she would be screaming at the top of her lungs. Saihara hid in the corner from the contrast of noise.

"Damn.. I thought that with 2 Ultimate Music players, we would make a kickass melody! I was so hype!!" Mioda complained. "I still thought it was fun, so it's okay!" she said with her chest puffed out.