Pianist and Adventurer - Chapter 11

3 years ago.

My name is Kaede Akamatsu! I love playing piano! Ever since I played the piano when I was just a toddler, I've loved it so much! Right now..

I was waiting backstage before my piano performance. People have caught wind of my piano skills, so they all want to hear me play. I don't know why, I feel like I'm just a normal middle school girl, but they insist that I'm a prodigy. That made me really happy, and I can't wait to repay everyone with a beautiful song.

My mom got me dressed up all fancy and applied make up so I could look pretty. I wasn't confident in my looks but.. I was definitely confident in my playing skills! I thought I was pretty good for a middle schooler. 

My best friend Amami was gonna be here to watch me. I definitely wanted to impress him. Here's to a good performance!

I walked up to the stage and bowed before taking a seat at the piano. I looked at the crowd and saw Amami watching me, in the VIP seat I gave him. I smiled towards his direction and started playing.

...

I finished off my last note and looked at the audience. Everyone stood up and cheered. There was just a rupture of cheering, clapping, and crying. They all applauded at my performance, and I was grateful for that. I went up to the front and bowed one last time, before heading off the stage. I saw my parents waiting there for me. 

"Kaede, honey, that was amazing! Not like I expected any less, good job!" my mom said to me as she gave me a hug.

"K-Kaede!! Your performance was so thrilling it moved me to tears!!" my dad gave me a hug as well.

"Haha! Thanks guys!" I wrapped them both into a tight hug. I was really happy. Suddenly, I saw Amami in the corner of my eye.

"Amami!" I detach from my parents and run to him, he gives me a big hug.

"Nice performance, Akamatsu! That was outstanding, as usual." he chuckled.

"Thanks!" I say with a cheerful expression.

"Hey, Ms. and Mr. Akamatsu, do you mind if I take Kaede out for a bit?" he asked my parents, while I'm still in a hug.

"Hmm.. Well, we were thinking of giving her a big dinner tonight, so as long as you take her back by 7:00 PM, then sure!"

"Sweet, thanks!" he sounded happy.

"A-Amami! I would love to go but.. I still have my dress on.. It's pretty uncomfortable."

"Oh shoot, you're right. Sorry.."

"It's okay! I brought my casual clothes, I can't be in heels for long!" I giggled as I take out a plastic bag with a pink hoodie, jeans, and some tennis shoes.

"Oh alright, cool. Hey, meet me at the front when you're done changing, okay?"

I nodded at him and ran towards the bathroom to get dressed.

After I got dressed, I went outside and Amami was there, leaning against a light pole. "Hey Amami!"

"Yo!" he waved at me. "Casual clothes do look better on you after all.."