Date - Chapter 9

I showed up at Akamatsu's house to walk to school together. She came out and she looked good like always.

"Hey Saihara!"

"H-Hey Akamatsu!"

After yesterday, I was still a little bit awkward but it looks like she's moved past it now so we should be okay. 

"Man, I hope we actually learn something today.." She said as we continued to walk. 

"Yea, it would suck if I spent my whole schoolyear doing nothing.. Everyone that goes to Hopes Peak Academy is assured a good future but, still. Our teacher is way too laidback." 

She closed her eyes and nodded "Mhm. Do you think other classes are like this?"

"Well, I heard that you don't even need to attend class in Hopes Peak Academy to graduate, so maybe!"

Suddenly, we saw Harukawa and Momota walking by.

"Oh, Shuichi, Kaede, what's up!" He yelled out to us.

"Hey guys!" Akamatsu said to them as they joined us.

"Hey Momota, Harukawa." I smiled.

"Are you two dating?" Momota asked out of nowhere. "You guys seem to be really close!" 

I immediately blush.

"N-No Momota! He's just my best friend!" Akamatsu insisted. 

"Oh, okay! I wouldn't be surprised if you too dated, you make a good pair." he said. Now both me and Akamatsu were blushing. Harukawa nodded in agreement.

"T-Then how about you and Harukawa? You guys seem pretty close already!" I asked him.

Harukawa flared up. "No, there's no way I would date an idiot like him.." I was surprised at her suddenly blushing.

Hm? Does she actually like him?

"The only reason we're walking together is because he realized we lived close by and picked me up at my house. I don't know why he insisted on walking together."

"Yea, we aren't dating. I only met Maki Roll yesterday! And I picked her up to insure you were coming to school today!" He gave a thumbs up to her.

"Yea. I wouldn't skip a day of school, I already said I won't run away anymore. Anyways, we'll see you guys later in class." Harukawa started walking faster and waved to us.

"Oi, Maki Roll, wait for me!" Momota ran ahead to catch up.

Akamatsu and I laughed at their goofiness.

We walked to school enjoying each other's company. The awkward tension from yesterday had completely faded away.  We finally arrived in class and everyone was in their groups talking.

"Hey everyone!" Akamatsu says cheerfully as she walks in.

"Yo, Kaede and Shuichi!" Momota waved at us. We sat near him and Harukawa. It seemed that nobody was staring at her anymore, looks like Momota convinced everyone that she's actually passive. Or, he threatened them. "We were wondering if you guys wanted to come with us to the planetarium in the afternoon! We have 2 extra tickets, so.."

"Oh, yea sure. I'll go! Where'd you get the tickets?" Akamatsu asked him. 

"Oh, my grandma gave it to me for getting into Hopes Peak. This was originally just gonna be for going in 4 separate times but.. It's better being there with my sidekicks!" he said with a smile. "Oh yea, and Maki Roll said that stars were boring, so I obviously had to bring her to change her mind."