Endeavor - Chapter 34

~Switch Perspective~

I sent a text to Shuichi around the time he should get back from work. I laugh to myself, I really am a clingy girlfriend. Surprisingly, he didn't answer even one hour later. I shrug, maybe he was busy at the agency. I didn't meant to pry so I didn't text him further.

I sit at the piano playing a melody, a sweet tune to calm my nerves. My grandma listened on the couch, smiling. I'm glad that she enjoys my playing.. I live for the smiles that I get!

The next day, I prepare for the day waiting for Shuichi to pick me up. He knocks on the door and I come out, but then I gasp at the sight in front of me.

He had extremely messy hair and bags under his eyes. "Oh my god, Shuichi, what happened?!"

"..Huh?" he looks at his clothes. "Seems normal to me."

"I mean everything up!" I point to his eyes and his hair.

"Oh." he lets out a tired laugh. "I didn't sleep much tonight."

"Wait, why?"

"I was trying to get some clues to a case.." he yawns. He almost falls over but I grab him by his hand to stabilize him.

"Jeez, Shuichi! You shouldn't devote yourself to work too much! You need rest." I lecture him as I grab his hand. "I'll hold your hand so you don't wander anywhere, okay?" I use as an excuse to hold his hand. He groggily nods.

"Okay." he responds blankly.

"And you didn't respond to my texts last night, hmph." I pout. He lets out an apologetic laugh.

"A-Ah, I'm sorry!" his calm and soothing voice was enough for me to forgive him.

The two of us walk to school and we arrive at class. Momota and Harukawa was the first one to notice Shuichi's condition.

"Yo, what happened bro?!" he said with a concerned look.

"I didn't get much sleep."

"One night of not much sleep can do that much?" Harukawa asked him.

"..Yea." he says as he looks away.

"You look like Mr. Harada!" Oma laughed at him. Shuichi rolled his eyes as I lead him to his seat.

"Shuichi, did you get any sleep at all?" I ask him.

"Um.. A little bit." he lets out a nervous smile. I give him a pout so he'll tell me the exact number.

"Maybe 30 minutes."

"30 minutes?! Not even an hour?!" I exclaim. He awkwardly laughs with a nod.

"Yea.. Sorry."

I give a frustrated look as I poke his cheek. "Promise me you'll get more sleep today?"

He nods his head. "Okay.." I give a satisfied smile in response.

Mr. Harada walks in and collapses at his desk, his head hitting the table with a bang. We looked at him concerned, but he just gets up and shrugs it off. "Okay. Beginning class now." He's so dry about everything..