Short 6 - A Special Present For a Special Pianist

A.N: Almost forgot Kaede's birthday. Alternate universe to main story, so yea (I was gonna make this relevant, but I like making one shots to take a break from main story. i think its CUTE to write when they have a crushes on each other !! after i was done writing, i was like "wouldn't it be cool if this was another universe?" and here we are). College AU, they all know each other because they share classes. Ultimate Talents don't exist, but their hobbies are pretty much the same (Kaito wants to be an astronaut still). Kaito and Maki are dating. Shuichi and Kaede are friends that met this year and he doesn't wear a hat (not that important, ik).

As the instructor ended his lecture, she stared at her friend, Saihara. She was definitely gonna invite him, he was definitely a fun person to be around. He was generally really kind to the pianist, although they had just met this year. They sometimes hung out, though not often and almost always not alone. She was thinking of asking him to hang out later. A date, but she wouldn't admit it.

She was ogling at the boy, though she hadn't realized it. He didn't notice either, as he picked up his backpack and walked out of class.

She tried to get up and catch up to him, but he already left. He blended in with the crowd, curse the hallways for being so cramped! She let out a sigh of disappointment as she walked to her dorm. Although the two were friends, she hadn't even gotten his phone number. She felt too nervous around him to ask; it was definitely strange because she never had problems with talking to people. She only hoped that he would ask instead.

He didn't.

As she arrived at her dorm, she fumbled for her keys as she opened the door. Her roommate, Harukawa, was sitting at the couch, studying for an exam. Their dorm was surprisingly large for the two of them, not that they could complain. Harukawa always had a lot of money for some reason and Akamatsu likes the space so she can have a piano. She tossed her backpack off and collapsed next to her friend.

"Class sucks!" she complained.

"I thought friends make up for it?" Harukawa responded without looking up. Akamatsu always lectured her roommate that friends make up for the struggle of schoolwork, so for her to use it back to her..

"Yea, I said that.. But I barely have any time to talk with them." the pianist groaned.

"Well, it's your birthday tomorrow. That gives an opportunity to invite everyone," Akamatsu faced towards her friend in shock as she continued, "as long as we aren't too loud. Maybe don't invite Kaito if you don't want complaints."

Her eyes widened. "It's my birthday tomorrow?"

Harukawa finally looked up. She gave a concerned look. "You.. You don't remember your own birthday?"

"Oh my god, I haven't looked at the date in so long!" she slapped her forehead. "I've been-"

"Playing piano?" she finished her sentence.

Embarrassed, she nodded. Harukawa let out an exhale. "Well, it's not like it's bad. Can't believe you forgot your birthday though." the pianist swore she saw her snicker.

"Shut it." she groaned.

"So? You wanna have a party?" Harukawa asked. "If so, who are you inviting?"

Akamatsu put her index finger and thumb to her chin as she thought. "Hm.. Amami, Hoshi, Tojo, Yonaga, Chabashira, Shinguji, Iruma, Gonta, Oma, Momota, Shirogane, Keebo, Yumeno, of course you.." she let out an awkward smile as she continued. "And u-um, maybe someone else!"

"Saihara, huh.." Harukawa took a sip of her coffee as she looked at her notes.

"H-How'd you know?"