Chapter 5 Fighting the fear

Back to Brianna's pov

I woke up the next morning with a breakfast table in front of me with a note from Sam on it, it said

"Dear Brianna,"

I made you your favorite breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes! Robby, Demetri and I are at the dojo training this morning but we are going to head to the mall after, I was wondering if you wanted to come, maybe it would cheer you up. If your up for it just text me and we'll come pick you up at 1.

-Love Sam

I wondered why she had underlined Demetri's name, I thought about it as I ate my pancakes they really were my favorite breakfast, I always ate them whenever I needed to calm my nerves, they allowed me to clear my head and think... I guess you could call them my ultimate comfort food. Then I thought of it, I knew why she had underlined Demetri's name. It was so obvious why didn't I think of this as soon as I saw the name. Sam had told me the night before that Demetri was Hawks ex-best friend. I usually don't use people to make other people angry but in this case it would be ok, it was Demetri, I had seen him around my house he would practically beg for me to use him. It was obvious Hawk thought that I was someone worthy of his attention or he would have just simply beat me up for spray painting his car. Making him jealous was just the right revenge. I immediately pulled out my phone and texted Sam, "I got the hint, and i'm in (;" This was gonna be fun.

I did my makeup for the first time since 7th grade, it wasn't anything to heavy just some mascara and a little face makeup with some lip gloss, no big deal but it made me look decent. I brushed all the tangles out of my hair and it became slightly wavy which I liked. I put on a red stripped, cropped tee shirt and a light gray zip but jacket that was also cropped but slightly longer than the shirt, I only zipped it up halfway, and finally a pair of black high-waisted leggings with some white nike air forces to go with the white zipper of my jacket. Of course all of these things were stolen from Sam's closet but I doubted that she would mind. I looked at myself in the mirror "dang, I actually look... good" I thought to myself as I grinned at my appearance.

Then I heard a honking noise from outside, I ran out and when Sam saw me and jumped out of her car and greeted me with a big hug, when she saw my outfit he started squealing and jumping up and down, "OH. MY. GOSH. you look incredible" she stated grinning at me. Demetri was in the back seat talking to Robby who had called shotgun, "girls will be girls" he said slapping himself in the face. I turned to face him and said "We heard that Demetri." He blushed and looked away. As I was walking over to the car I heard him whisper to Robby, "A female knows my name!" Robby just rolled his eyes and looked over at Sam and I. I sat next to him in the back and he tensed up, I could tell he hasn't been within 2 feet of any girl besides Sam, "Chill Demetri I don't bite" I said to him while giggling. "I.. I- I know I just h- haven't been this close to anyone in the f- female species besides Sam... And my mom" He replied stumbling over his words, I could tell he was shy around me and when Sam smirked to me in the back I knew that I was making him fall for me, but I also had to tell him my plan before I lead him on to much, though my plan would only work if Hawk showed up, but I knew he was going to come because he goes to the same place to beat up the same kids every weekend, well at least that's what Sam told me.

The car ride was peaceful and quiet, Demetri and I mainly sat in silence until he started talking about Harry Potter which was one of my childhood obsessions, then he lectured me about how I shouldn't have a crush Draco Malfoy because he was the "bad guy" but I put up a pretty good defense claiming that he had no choice and that shut Demetri up. Throughout the whole car ride Robby was non stop flirting with Sam, I knew they were dating, they both sucked at keeping secrets.

When we arrived at the mall we went straight to the food court to get some lunch. I had a large burger with fries and so did Robby, Sam got a boring salad, and Demetri got dino nuggets, he was honestly really cool once you got to know him. He was half way done with his dino nuggets when he saw a sign lighting up, he read it and shot up from the table, "THE NEW COMIC BOOK IS OUT, I HAVE TO GO GET A COPY!" he shouted as he ordered Sam and Robby to guard his dino nuggets with their lives. "WAIT REALLY, IT'S FINALLY OUT?!?" I asked jumping up, "YOU READ IT TO!" he questioned excitedly looking at me, "OMG YES! ITS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE COMIC EVER!!" I replied. Turns out Demetri and I had more in common then I thought, "Wanna come with me to get a copy?" he asked. "Sure!" I quickly replied while getting up to leave, before I left I turned around and said, "Sam don't let Robby eat my burger he's been eyeing it for the past 15 minutes, oh and don't make out to much while were gone." They're faces turned bright red as we walked away.