Chapter 32 Wonder Boy

Then it hit me, I was having dinner with my girlfriends parents. 

Brianna's pov

I looked over at Eli with a big smile plastered on my face. Dinner was already on the table, steam was pouring out of the pots. Eli looked nervous, he sat down with an awkward smile. I sat next to him and looked over to where he was. He was tense, not an angry tense, an anxious tense. "Hey, you're going to be fine." I reassured with a smile. He nodded but he was still unsure. I reached down and squeezed his hand, but when I tried to pull away he wouldn't let me. He held my hand tightly and squeezed. I looked up at him with worried eyes and he gave me a small smile. He slowly released my hand but quickly put his hand on my thigh. Throughout the entire dinner he stroked it with his thumb nervously. 

"So Eli what are you planning on doing after high school?" My dad asked. Eli stared at him blankly, he hadn't really thought that through yet. "Dad!?!" I mumbled. "Sorry I'm just wondering." He surrendered. "Well I was actually thinking about interviewing for an internship as a climate change research member at that science facility a few blocks away from the high school." Eli spoke up. My dad looked at him and smiled, "That's great to here, it's good to have something to go off of." He replied to Eli. He smiled at my dad before he started talking to Miguel. I looked over at Eli and sent him a big smile, he sent me a smile in return and continued eating. His hand still rested on my thigh, him thumb stroked it softly now. 

Once the dinner had ended Eli excused himself to the bathroom. After a few minutes I followed him upstairs, he wasn't in the bathroom. I wandered the hallways looking for him. "Eli." I whispered. "Eli." I repeated until I found him. He was sitting on my bed in my room holding a photo. I sat down next to him and looked down at the photo. It was the photos we had taken in the photo booth on our first date. "I dream about this night every time I go to sleep." He mumbled. "I've gone through every scenario in my head. None of them made a change." He continued. "You still walked out the next morning afraid of our future, because we both knew it would be something that we wouldn't be able to stop if we started." His mind was ticking, his face was perplexed. "That thing about the climate change internship, it was a lie, I was interested in it 2 summers ago at science camp with Demetri, but that all seems so unimportant now." He admitted. "Brianna, I'm not good enough for you." He continued but this time tears formed in his eyes. "Eli what do you mean I lov-" I started but he cut me off. "No Brianna don't say that!" He cut me off as tears streamed from his eyes. "You deserve someone like Demetri, he already knows what he wants to do, what college he wants to go to, he has everything figured out!" He stated. "I've got nothing figured out. I don't know what I want to do! Where I want to go! I don't even know what I'm going to eat for breakfast tomorrow!" He continued with a small cry. "We can figure it out together Eli! I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know where I'm going, we can figure this all out together." I replied. "No Brianna, no we can't!" You have a whole two years left to decide, this is my last year! I don't have much time left!" He explained with a cry. "Eli Moskowitz I f^cking love you and anything you need I am there for you!" I tried to speak calmly to the boy but it came out as a yell. "How can you love this!?!?" He cried as he pointed to his scar. "Just look at it!" He continued while flinging the photo into my face. "Eli I think it's beautiful." I reassured as I slowly stroked his scar with my finger. "I'm a freak Brianna!" He shouted. "How can you love a f^cking freak who doesn't have his life together! What is there to f^cking love!" He continued. "Eli I love every f^cking thing about you! And I'm not going to let you walk out on me because you're to much of a p^ssy!" I screamed. His face drooped and he stood there with tear stained cheeks. "Eli if you want to change something about your life you have to take initiative, nothings ever going to change if you're to much of a p^ssy to take the first step." I continued. His crying ceased, he stared at me blankly. Then something ticked in his mind. He started walking out of my room, "Eli where are you going" I called to him. "I'm taking the first step." He replied as he thanked my parents and exited. My god he had crazy mood swings, but that was just another thing that I loved about him.