Chapter 17 life sucks

Briannas pov April 21st

Demetri dropped Sam and I off at our house and made his way back home. I walked through the doors of my house and smiled at how at home and safe I felt, nothing bad could happen to me here this was where I was safe. My mom stepped out into the front room to greet us. "Brianna what happened to your face!" She screeched while running over to me. "Cobras" Sam said in reply. "I'm going to go have a talk with these sensei's right now!" She said while grabbing her coat. "No mom don't, today is not the day, wait a little longer they are just mad about what happened to Miguel" I said stopping her. She nodded while setting her coat down, "How about I make you guys some dinner" She offered while leading us to the kitchen. 

"Is the school letting people go back" I asked as we ate. "Mhm they are just setting up extra safety precautions" My mom replied. "Like what?" Sam asked. "Just some extra security and bag checks for..." My mom trialed off. "For weapons" Sam finished her sentence. My mom nodded silently while still eating. 

Johnny Lawrence's pov (This is before the events of the last chapter, it is the night right after the fight occured) April 20th

I drove to cobra kai the night after the fight happened, I tried to go in to see Miguel but he wasn't awake. I walked up to the door and started to put my key in the door but it was already open. "Hello?" I said as I stepped inside with my guard up. I walked towards the back room and heard noise, "hiya" I heard peoples screaming as I got closer. I opened the door and found John Kreese training a few students. "Whats going on here?" I questioned while walking into the back room. "I'm just training a few of my students." He replied. "The dojo is supposed to be closed we lost the competition to the Miyagi Do's, you need to get out its done." I said while walking up to him. "You see the thing about a handshake deal is that they can be broken just by some slight persuasion, we shook on that competition there was no contract I can't get in trouble for breaking a hand shake, i'm not a nice guy, only nice guys would actually obey a handshake." He scoffed while stepping closer to me. "What are you trying to say" I replied. "The land lord of this place he can be easily persuaded, all you need is some real money, he broke his handshake deal with you, cobra kai is mine." He explained while grinning evilly. "No no these are my students and this is my dojo." I scoffed in disbelief. "You aren't our sensei anymore! Miguel is hurt and its your fault. He showed mercy because of you!" Hawk practically screamed at me. "Im going to need you to leave this dojo, its mine now not yours" Kreese said. I shook my head while walking out the door, I never should have trusted him. 

I hopped into my car and drove for a long time, I drove and drove until I was almost out of gas. I sat down on the ground looking out onto the water of a beach. I grabbed a coors banquet and downed it easily, 'life sucks' I thought to myself while staring out into the open ocean. My sons on the run from the cops, Miguel is in the hospital, and I just lost my dojo and all my students. I downed another coors banquet and threw my keys in my car while walking away, but before I did I chucked my phone out into the sand, who needed that sh!t anyway. 

Hawks pov April 20th

Right after the fight I bolted out of the school with Aisha, Kyler, Tory, and a few other cobras. "What the hell do we do now?" I asked while we all started running through the parking lot. "We gotta go to Kreese he's out real sensei." Tory replied and we followed her to the dojo. 

"I have been waiting for you." Kreese said as we walked through the doors, "Its good to know not all of you are p^ssys" He continued as we took our shoes off and stepped onto the mat. "Follow me to the back room" He said and we did. "Now as a refresher so I know sensei Lawrence didn't completely brain wash you with the mercy sh!t, what is the way of the fist?" He asked. "Strike first, strike hard, no mercy" We all screamed. He nodded while pacing back and forth in front of us. "Aisha does fear exist in this dojo?" He questioned while stopping in front of Aisha. "No sensi!" She screamed in reply. "Tory does pain exist in this dojo?" He questioned while stopping in front of Tory. "No sensi!" She screamed in reply. "Hawk does defeat exist in this dojo?" He screamed while stopping in front of me. "No sensi!" I screamed in reply. "Care to explain the cuts on your face" He said while glaring at me. "Were you defeated?" He questioned while grabbing my face forcing me to look up. "Yes sensei" I scoffed un enthusiastically. "By who?" He questioned staring me down. "A Miyagi Do." I replied while forcing myself to look up and stand confidently. "Are you going to let the Miyagi Do's get away with that?!?!" He screamed in my face. "No sensei!" I screamed in reply. "If one of them does something deserving punishment then all of them get punished, got it" He said while staring me dead in the eyes. "Yes sensei!" I screamed in his face.