Chapter 35 Song Birds

I'm backkk, sorry this chapter to a while to go out, there was a lot of homework in school this week. But I stayed up until 12 for y'all which is unusual for me on school nights, I need them 8 hours. 

Anyways hope you enjoy!

I woke up with a pounding headache. I rubbed my eyes and opened them slowly. The light blinded me and I quickly shut my eyes. "Brianna?" Someone came up beside me and grabbed my hand. I recognized the soft feeling of Eli's hand in mine. "Eli?" I questioned and I opened my eyes softly. The light still blinded me. I blinked a few times and my vision began to clear. Eli sat next to me with tear stained cheeks, a few purple strands were left on his head, the rest was shaved off. It obviously wasn't like that voluntarily. He had scratches and cuts that looked like they were from a blade lining his head. When he saw me looking at his hair a tear slipped from his eyes. He pulled his hood up over his head and stared down at the ground. "I'm so sorry I couldn't save you." He mumbled as more tears slipped from his eyes. I quickly grabbed his shoulders and pulled him into a tight hug. He rested his head on my shoulder and he continued to cry. "Eli. Baby it's ok. I'm ok." I comforted. His arms wrapped tightly around me and he brought me forward to sit on his lap. My legs wrapped around his waist and I pulled him in closer to me. He just wanted us to be as close as possible. I reached up to his head and placed my hand on his hood. "Please don't." His voice was weak as he spoke. "Eli please." I mumbled back. I slowly pulled his hood down but he shoved me down on my bed probably leaving marks where his hands collided with. "I said don't." He practically shouted. I scrambled back on my bed and his face softened. But his eyes remained hard, jet black as they glared at me. He tried to calm himself down but his eyes were still cold as ice. It reminded me of him when he was hawk, it scared me. "I'm sorry." He was barely able to speak. He quickly stood up and walked out of my room slamming the door behind him. 

Eli's pov

I stormed down the stairs glaring at the ground. Sam and Anthony sat on the couch in silence. I looked up from the ground and locked eyes with Anthony. His eyes showed fear, fear of cobra kai, and fear of himself. I recognized that fear, I had felt it many times before. My eyes landed on the ground once again and I stormed out of the LaRusso's house. 

Briannas pov

Eli slammed the door behind him and tears began slipping down my cheeks. I held my shoulder as a piercing pain surged through it. His hands had collided with it with a lot of force. I laid back on my bed as tears continued to fall from my eyes. I laid there for what felt like hours, I couldn't hold back any of the tears. In that moment I was afraid of Eli, and I hated that feeling. I hoped to never feel it again, but hawk is still inside of him, and he is trying desperately to get him out. I shoved my face into my pillow and tried to drown out the noise around me. It wasn't a real noise, it was my thoughts, soaring past each other and clouding my senses. Soon I felt myself drifting off to sleep, the thoughts still engulfing my mind.

***

I heard the delightful songs of birds outside my window as light seeped through the blinds. The birds songs always cheered me up, the sweet melody flowing around the room added a feeling of comfort. Then the songs ceased. It became oddly silent outside until I heard the crow of a hawk. There were no more songs of chirping birds that morning, there was just the same scene playing over and over in my mind clouding my mind. The look in Eli's eyes haunted me. The icy feeling they gave off made me shiver at the thought of it. 

Then my door creaked open. "Brianna?" Someone questioned. I instinctively grabbed the baseball bat from beside my bed and held it up in front of me. "Woah there, it's just me." Demetri surrendered with his hands in the air. I threw the bat on the ground and Demetri sat down next to me. "So what's with the bat?" He questioned. "Kinda been on edge since having a knife held to my neck y'know." I scoffed back. His face softened as he engulfed me in a hug. I hugged him back and held onto him tightly. A pain surged through my shoulders and I slowly pulled away, "You don't need to check on me, I'm fine." I reassured with a smile, it was fake, but he didn't need to know that. "Well duh, you have a baseball bat. Nobody's gonna get past that." He joked and we both let out a small laugh. "But I'm not just here for myself..." He started. He took a deep breath and continued. "Eli called me last night... he was really upset." He continued, he had a worry filled expression plastered on his face. "He asked me to come check on you today, and every day for a while. He said he needed some time, I don't know what he meant by that, but it didn't sound good." He finished. I nodded slowly and my eyes met the sheets below us. "You two ok?" He questioned. "Ya." I mumbled back. But there was uncertainty in my voice. Demetris face softened and he nodded slowly. "I'm always here for you alright." he reassured. I nodded before stepping off the bed. "We have to go to training." I stated and I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of my room.