Chapter 39 The Nightmares Come True

Hey sooo it's been a lil bit..... 

I have had absolutely no motivation to write along with a super busy sports schedule so 've had noooo time to write, but here's this!!

Lmk if you see any spelling mistakes, I was to tired to proof read hahah

I woke up and rubbed my eyes open. I scanned my sun lit room, a calendar hung on the wall next to my bed. I squinted as I scanned the dates. "The 26th, what's on the 26th..." I mumbled to myself as my mind searched for an answer. I looked up at my closet and my eyes grew wide at the sight of my freshly ironed karate gi. The all valley was today. 

***

I stepped into the large sports arena and eyed the forming crowd from behind a narrow hallway where all of the dojos lined up. Sam stood at my side and I flashed her a soft smile. A warm presence appeared behind me and I felt soft hands snake around my waist. "Good morning princess." Eli teased as he planted a soft kiss on my cheek. "Good morning." I teased in return  with a slight blush. He chuckled to himself and rested his chin on the top of my head as we waited for the announcer to call us out. 

***

"The sensei and dojo need no introduction. He took the All Valley by storm in 1984 and 85. And quickly became one of the greatest underdogs in the history of the sport. Give it up for Miyagi Do Karate, led by two-time All Valley champion, Daniel Larusso!" The announcer cheered as we all rounded the corner. Sam and I were in the front followed by Demetri and Eli. Chris and Nate ran in after them followed by the rest of the students. We took our place on the side of the mat and listened as the other dojos were introduced. 

"Our next dojo took last years title. But, they're under new management. Can they reign supreme once more? And last years runner-up may be wearing a new gi... But one things for sure, Robby Keene and his team are ready to strike! Hailing from Reseda, defending champions, and still the most badass name for a dojo, here comes Cobra Kai!" Cobra kai came running out onto the mat taking their places with their hands held firmly behind their backs. It was like they were in the military. They stood perfectly in line with a stiff posture and their heads held high. The announcer continued to introduce each individual dojo as we all waited patiently. Ever so often I would give in and look over at where cobra kai stood. I locked as with Kyler who it seemed had already been staring at me. His burning gaze remained on me until the final dojo was introduced.

"And finally, this dojo is making their All Valley début, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. Does this newcomer have what is takes to win it all? Please welcome, Eagle Fang Karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and Defending Champion Miguel Diaz!" Eli and I cheered as Miguel ran out behind Johnny. I looked over at Sam and smiled, but my smile quickly drooped when I noticed her staring down at the floor. Miguel and her must have not completely made up yet. I started to speak but my words were quickly drown out by the announcer, 

"It's karate time!" And with that the matches began.

***

It was now time for the skills competition. I watched carefully as Demetri preformed a complex bow staff form. He finished with a strong "Hiya!" putting the Miyagi Do's in first place. Mitch went up next, his bow staff flew into the judges table knocking a mic over. Eagle fang remained in their placing of eighth as their next few competitors failed miserably. Except for one, a small girl, probably Nate's age. She walked out onto the mat perfectly executing a board breaking routine. Eagle fang bumped up into sixth place as her score was displayed. I nudged Nate who stood behind me and rose and eyebrow referring the girl. "That's Devon Lee." He explained. "Bert's got a huge crush on her, she's on the debate team, and she's a total badass." He continued as he flashed the girl a smile. I turned back in her direction and sent her a nod in approval.