Chapter 16 an eye for an eye

Narrator: Daniel and Amanda have already came to the hospital to see Sam and Brianna, they were not aloud to stay overnight so they had to leave. Demetri was scheduled to pick them up the next morning. 

"I care about you Brianna, I know you care about me to, all you have to do is say your mine"  a voice said. I was alone in a black void, it seemed endless. I started running as fast as I could trying to get far away from the voice. "Brianna you can't run from me" The voice spoke again. I blocked it out and continued running through the endless void. "Brianna I am your thoughts, no matter how far you run I will always be at the same pace as you, you can't get rid of me because you know you don't want to get rid of me. There's a small part inside of you that knows you care." The voice continued. "Get out of my head!" I screamed while still running. "You can't get rid of me because you know you care and nothing is going to stop you from caring." The voice continued. "Leave me alone!" I screamed into the void but it just echoed from all around me. "All these relentless thoughts can go away if you just admit that your mine" The voice explained. "No! I'm not yours, get out of my f^cking head. I know who you are and I'm not going to let you get to me again. Stay out of my head!" I screamed into the void, but this time it didn't echo the void just vibrated and he appeared in front of me, he had cuts and bruises on his face from the fight earlier, his red mohawk had fallen out so his hair lay on his forehead. "Get out of my head!" I screamed. "Fine then tell me you don't care about me." He replied. "I... i- I don't care about you." I spat. "Your hesitation tells me you do still care about me, say it with meaning" He continued with crouching down to my eye height. His gray eyes met with my brown ones and I was snapped out of reality for a few seconds while looking into them. "I- I... I can't" I replied while looking down at my failure. He nodded and cupped my face in his hands. "Admit your mine." He said while staring into my eyes. "I'm not yours." I replied while removing his hands from my face. "Lying to yourself isn't going to get you anywhere Brianna." He explained while fading away. "No don't leave!" I yelled while trying to grab his hands but my hand just went right through his. "Until your ready to admit it i'm still going to be a thought in the back of your mind, you can't get rid of me until you truly face me. I am not your fear, falling in love with me is what you fear" He said while fading completely. As soon as he was out of sight my head started pounding and I shot awake staring at the ceiling of the hospital above me. 

"Brianna are you alright?!?!" Sam asked frantically as she stood next to my hospital bed. "Ya just a bad dream I guess" I replied in tears. She nodded before heading back to her bed. "Night sis" She said while drifting off to sleep again. I stared at the ceiling in silence, I couldn't fall back asleep I couldn't go back to that place.

 I stayed awake the whole night staring up at an empty white ceiling waiting for the morning to come. 

***

Sams pov (Durning Briannas dream)

I woke up to the sound of mumbling next to me, "No don't leave" I turned sideways and looked over at Brianna's bed she must have been having a bad dream. She started shivering under her covers which meant the dream was getting worse. "Brianna are you alright?!?!" I asked frantically while running over to her side as her eyes shot open. "Ya just a bad dream I guess" she replied with tears in her eyes. I nodded and went back to my bed but I knew something was wrong. "Night sis" I said before falling asleep. She didn't reply but I knew she wasn't asleep, she doesn't usually fall back asleep after a nightmare. 

Briannas pov

"Alright you two are free to go" a nurse said while stepping into Sam and I's rooms. I looked over at her and nodded. "Can I see a patient?" Sam asked while getting up and walking over to the nurse. "Name?" she questioned while opening her patient list. "Miguel Diaz." Sam replied. She went to the D section of her list, "Ah here" She said as she found Miguel. "I'm sorry he is in a critical condition and he will not be taking any visitors." She replied while closing the list. "What happened to him?" Sam asked urgently. "I'm sorry miss that information is priv-" The nurse started but Sam cut her off. "There has to be something you can tell me" Sam said pleading. "He's in a coma we don't know if he's going to wake up" The nurse explained while looking down. "No." Sam said as tears filled her eyes. I tried to get up out of the hospital bed to find Sam but my leg was still weak and when I stepped on it my knee buckled and I fell to the ground. "You are going to have to be on crutches for a while sweetheart" The nurse explained walking over to me and helping me up. "Sit down here and i'll go grab you a pair." She continued while guiding me over to my hospital bed. As soon as the nurse left the room Sam came running over to me and I caught her in a big hug. "I can't say everything's going to be ok because that's just not how the world works, something bad is always going to outshine the good, no matter what we do nothing will ever be perfect. But I can assure you that Miguel is going to be ok." I said while hugging her as she sobbed into my shoulder.