Chapter 21 Mercy

Flashback
"We need a doctor!" Sam screamed when we burst through the hospital doors. Demetri was clutching his arm as he walked and I limped close behind him Sam supporting me because I could barley walk. "Your those karate kids" a nurse said coming over to us. "Ya now we need a doctor asap" sam urged to the nurse. "Alright alright" she said while going behind the counter. "Doctor paparmen you are needed in the waiting area there is a boy with a broken arm and a girl with a sliced open leg, it looks like another karate fight" the nurse said into a microphone which then transferred the sound to a loud speaker. Then two familiar voices spoke, "sam, brianna a karate fight again" they yelled behind us. We turned around to see our parents. "Oh hi Mr. And Mrs. LaRusso" Demetri said trying to defuse the tension. "How did you know where to find us" sam said concerned. "An unknown number called us and said you were here and you were hurt, they sounded worried so we came to make sure everything was ok" My mom replied. "Do you know who the unknown caller was" Sam asked. "No but we traced it back to this address" my dad said while holding out his phone. I looked closely at the surrounding houses and knew exactly who called, it was hawk. "brianna are you alright" sam said noticing my facial expression. "Ya ya I'm fine, I think it's just a girl from my grades house I'm sure the cobras were just bragging to everyone about what they did to Demetri and she wanted to make sure we were ok" I lied. "No no I know exactly who lives there" Demetri said while looking over my shoulder at the phone. 'shit, I forgot Demetri went over to his house all the time when they were younger'. "That right there is Eli Moskowitz house well hawk as everyone knows him now, why the hell would he call you... he's the one who broke my arm" Demetri said while questioning why hawk would do that. "A- are you sure" I said trying to make Demetri second guess himself. "Yup im 100% sure" he replied. "We need to go have a talk with this boy" my mom said while shaking her head. "No!" Sam and I screamed at the same time. "Why not?" My parents replied confused. "Because it will only make things worse" sam said. "Its not even him thinking Kreese is practically brainwashing him, I saw the guilt in his eyes when he broke Demetris arm there's still some eli left in there but talking to him isn't going to fix anything. We need to shut down cobra kai and we need to shut it down now" I said while shaking my head.

Present time
I woke up the next morning to a sharp pain in my shin. I grabbed it and winced in pain when I touched it, tears began streaming down my face as I remembered the events from yesterday. "Hey hey everything's ok" Demetri said while running over to my side. The nurse had set him up on the hospital bed next to mine. I looked up at Demetri with tear coated eyes, I wanted to see him but all I could see was hawk breaking his arm, it played over and over again in my head, everytime I looked back at Demetri I just saw hawk hovering behind him with a painful look plastered onto his face. I looked down at his arm that was already casted, "it doenst hurt as much as it looks" Demetri said reassuring me. I nodded and began to get up but when I did my legs fell out from under me. "Your gonna need this for a while, the nurse said that when your cut reopened it damaged something in your leg" Demetri said while bringing over a wheelchair for me. "Oh" I said while looking down. "She said there won't be any permanent damage" he replied cheerfully while noticing my change of mood. I nodded as he helped me up and brought me over to the wheelchair. "For the rest of the week I will be your personal chauffeur" Demetri said while pushing me out of the room. "Now how about we get you home to get some rest" he continued while pushing me down the hallway.

"Where's sam?" I asked confused. "Shes visiting miguel, he's getting discharged today" Demetri replied. "Can we see him" I asked while giving him puppy dog eyes. "Fineee" he replied while turning me around and bringing me to Miguel's room. When we got there we saw Sam, his mom carmen, his yaya, and johnny lawrence. "Hi Demetri, hi Brianna" he said when he saw us, he was in a wheelchair to. "Hey we're wheelchair buddy's" he said excitedly. "Ya I guess we are" I replied while laughing. "Wanna race" he asked while wheeling over to me. "Hell ya" I said while pushing Demetri off and grabbing the wheels of my chair.