Chapter 31 Mending Burnt Bridges

Brianna's pov

I pulled into Miyagi Do karate and followed Sam to the back. We looked at each other and nodded as we took our places on the decks. Demetri was at the deck to my right and Sam was at the deck to my left. My dad walked into the back and took a deep breath, "this is the start of something new, something good" he said trying to keep us all calm. "Together we are stronger" I heard someone else say as they walked into the dojo, it was Johnny Lawrence. Miguel followed behind him and I eagerly waited for the rest of the Eagle Fangs. My eyes landed on a tall red mohawk, he walked over to the deck I was on and he stood next to me. "I always keep my promises" hawk said while kissing me on the cheek and intertwining his fingers with mine. "Hawk my dad's right there" I said concerned. "Ya I know" he replied with a smirk. "Hawk whatever your thinking don't do it." I pleaded while tugging at his arm, he completely ignored me and got everyone's attention. "Everyone I have an announcement to make!" he cheered and everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. He grabbed my hand and held it in the air so everyone could see that we were holding hands, "This girl is mine!" he announced excitedly with a big smile plastered onto his face. My face turned beet red and I almost fell over from embarrassment. Sam, Demetri, and Miguel were practically cackling and falling over standing on the decks next to hawk and i's. I looked out at my dad for approval and he nodded, hawk noticed and he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me in front of everyone. His lips were soft against mine, the kiss was gentle and passionate, I stood there on my tipy toes trying my hardest not to simply die of the embarrassment that I had just gone through. I loved this boy with all my heart and nobody was going to stand in the way of that, and by nobody I mean nobody. "I love you Brianna LaRusso." He said. "Hawk I lo-" But he cut me off, "Call me Eli" He cooed. "I love you to, Eli Moskowitz." I replied. 

"Ready!" My dad shouted, "Lets begin!" Johnny continued. We all got into ready stances and waited for further instructions, but nobody moved. Johnny and my dad looked at each other awkwardly before they ordered for us to line up. The Miyagi do's and I started to perform our forms as directed and the eagle fangs started to practice their kicking drills. "Hiya!" Johnny screamed and the eagles followed with a kick. But my dad was silent, watching us perform our forms. "Hiya!" Johnny screamed again. "F^ck" I groaned as I landed on the ground, I got in the way of someone's kick. "Dude what the hell!" Someone scolded from above me. I looked up and saw Eli pushing Mitch backwards away from me. I laughed slightly to myself and stood up with no problem, "Are you ok?!?" Eli cooed as he ran to my side. "Yea I'm fine." I giggled back. "Are you sure?" He questioned. "Yea penis breath has a weak kick anyway." I shrugged. "Hey! You're not aloud to call me that!" Mitch grunted. "Why would you let anyone call you that?" I questioned with a small laugh. "Alright that's enough, hawk stop being so overprotective she's fine, and Mitch strengthen those legs... and don't kick your fellow dojo members." Johnny stated. Eli looked at me hesitantly but I nodded once again to reassure him. He sighed and kissed me on the cheek before returning to his position in line. 

By the end of the day nothing had improved, Johnny and my dad still hadn't figured out a way to share the dojo space, we hadn't learned anything to help us fight against cobra kai, and we hadn't learned anything from each others styles yet. "Alright class, see you tomorrow, be here at the same time." My dad ordered.

***

Before we walked inside the house my dad poked me in the arm teasingly, "You and hawk eh." He teased. I nodded shyly at his words as the door opened. "I know he wasn't the best to our family, but he's changed, I promise." I finally spoke up. "I hope you're right." He replied. 

When Sam and I walked into the kitchen we were immediately greeted by my mom cooking something delicious. My younger brother Anthony walked downstairs with his phone in his hand, like usual. "Sam, Brianna, how was your day training." My mom asked while we helped her set the table. "Oh it was ok." Sam shrugged, I nodded in agreement. "Let me guess, Johnny and your father didn't agree on a single thing." My mom stated. Sam and I laughed and nodded slightly in return. "Honey would you mind coming down her." She called up to our dad. "Would you like to explain to me why you and Johnny aren't getting along?" She continued. My dad explained how there wasn't enough space for two different lessons and that they needed to just learn one thing at a time. My mom nodded before she suggested something, "Then how about you take turns, teach all the students Miyagi do for the first half of the day, then let Johnny finish by teaching all the students some eagle fang during the second half of the day."