Chapter 22 Conscience

Briannas pov
The whole car ride home I wondered what would have happened if hawk hadn't shown mercy on me, what would he have done. Demetri was emotionally scarred by what hawk did to him but he easily forgave and forgot, me on the other hand I was a bit more stubborn. I sat on my bed in my room pondering weather or not I should forgive hawk for his actions, he tries to apologize and when I decline the apology he always teases me by saying he could make it up to me, if I'm being completely honest with myself I enjoy when he has to make it up to me. I lied on my bed thinking about the time in the closet where he 'made it up to me.'
"What are you smirking about" Sam said while walking into my room. "Nothing" I replied while continuing to stare at the ceiling biting my lip. "Oh to know what goes on in that head of yours" sam said while plopping down next to me. "Things you don't wanna know about" I said while laughing a little. "Should I be concerned" Sam asked while rolling to her side to face me. "Yes, yes you should" I said while laughing a bit more. "How's tutoring with hawk going" she asked while rolling her eyes. "It's not happening anymore, he's decent when he's Eli but he rarely let's his Eli side out" I replied. "What about the blackmail" Sam asked confused. "He said he doesnt care about the blackmail anymore" I replied while shaking my head.

"Well if you don't study your going to fail!" Sam said changing the subject. "Ya but I don-" I started but Sam cut me off. "I'm tutoring you" sam said and she grabbed my arm pulling me down to the couch. "I remember this unit by heart, first let's watch some charlotte's web" sam continued while turning on the tv. "Mom we need popcorn and candy asap" sam called to our mom and she quickly came running in giving us each a bowl of popcorn. "Thanks mom" I said with a smile. "Of course" she said while stroking my cheek as she walked away. Sam started the movie and we were about 5 minutes in when there was a knock on the door, "I'll get it" Sam said while getting up. "It's Demetri" I replied with a laugh. "How the hell do you know" Sam asked confused. It was pretty simple actually, "Demetri knocks 3 times everyone else only knocks twice" I said with a laugh. "I bet you 5 bucks it's him" I continued. "Deal" sam said as we both pulled out 5 dollars. Sam swung the door open ready to take the 5 dollars from me but she stared at me in shock when she saw Demetri standing at the door. "How the hell-" sam trailed off while handing me the money still staring at Demetri in shock. "Did I miss something" he asked confused. "I just won a bet that's all" I said with a smirk. Demetri stepped inside and Sam helped him take off his coat revealing his huge cast, my whole body shivered at the sight of it. "It's healing don't worry" Demetri said while sitting down next to me noticing my expression. He knew my thoughts every second of every day, I had no idea how he did it.

"Oooooo what are we watching" he asked while looking up at the tv. "Charlotte's web, briannas got to do a test and writing on it inorder to pass" Sam replied while showing him my grades. "Geez brianna you've got the whole alphabet going on there" Demetri laughed while shaking his head. "Rude" I replied while shaking my head. We started the movie and I rested my head on Demetris shoulder, "no falling asleep you need to watch" Demetri said while pointing my head towards the tv screen.

(Time skip about 2 hours)

When the movie finally ended sam handed me a piece of paper, "here take notes on the main plot and then we'll quiz you and help you right a properly formed essay on it" sam said. I grabbed a pencil and started to right, but I didn't right notes instead I wrote song lyrics to help me describe the plot. "What the hell is that" Demetri said coming over and looking at my paper. "It's my notes" I said while reciting the song to him. "Not bad but you could use a few voice lessons" Demetri commented with a laugh. "Meanie" I said with a pout as I finished the lyrics. "Where did you learn how to take notes like that" Demetri asked concerned. "Hawk taught me he used to do it when he actually cared about school." I replied with a slight smile. "Oh" Demetri said with a nod, he missed eli, he just wanted his friend... his binary brother back.