Chapter 24 trust is temporary

Briannas pov

Hawk brought me out of the classroom and into the empty desert like hallways, "How about we skip the rest of school" He said while holding onto me. I nodded still wiping tears from my eyes as he tried comforting me. "Do you need anything, food, do you like a certain drink, cause i'll go get it for you, i just want you to feel better" He asked while I sat down in his car, I didn't fully trust him but after what he did for me today I knew he still had a pure and good heart even if he didn't want to admit it. "No im alright, I kinda just want to be alone" I replied while looking down at my feet as he sat down next to me. "Brianna I don't want you to be alone, not after what just happened, Tory is always watching you and Sam and she's not going to stop until she feels like she's gotten revenge, I refuse to let you be alone." Hawk said, he said the last part stronger than the others, it was in more of a demanding tone rather than his soft and sweet comforting voice. Before I could tell him otherwise he started his car, "I have the perfect place" he said with a smile while pulling out of the parking lot.

Torys pov

I hid at the side of the school watching the door waiting for the boy I had assigned to do something to Brianna to come outside. After a couple minutes he didn't arrive and I began to get worried, had he chickened out? "that p^ssy" I scoffed while still watching the door. I looked around at the setting around me, it was a warm day a beautiful day to sit outside in the sun with someone or to go swimming at a pool having fun with your friends. After the fight I had really lost all of my real friends, all I had left were a few of the guys from the dojo like Rico and hawk. Whenever I thought about what Miguel and I had it sent shivers down my spine, the memories hurt but I couldn't get him out of my head, I really did care for him, I will deny it for the rest of my life but convincing yourself is much harder than convincing others. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of the front door opening, I looked up and saw a sight that would change my perspective forever. I saw hawk walking out of the school building with his arm around her as she sobbed into his shoulder, he looked down at her with a worried expression as he tried to comfort her. "What a f^cking traitor" I mumbled as I watched them walk to his car. It was in that moment that I realized something that would change me forever, 'Trust was for p^ssys. no ones your friend, they might say they are but sooner or later they are just going to betray you, it was inevitable, when your trust is broken your bond is broken in every way possible.' I slid down the wall behind me running my hands through my hair with my head in my knees. "Guess what hawk blackmails a b!tch" I scoffed to myself as I got up storming to my car that was parked behind the school.

Hawks pov

I started pulling out of the school parking lot with Brianna next to me, she looked so weak and helpless sitting next to me, her eyes showing nothing but pain and fear. She was the strongest girl I knew but in that moment she reminded me more of a small bird with a broken wing hoping that she wasn't hunted down because she knew she was to injured to fight back. "Where are we going" She asked breaking the silence. "Its a secret" I replied trying to sound as kind as possible, I didn't want to scare her. She looked worried, I knew she was afraid of me, I would normally be happy that she was afraid of me... but now it scared me to know that she was afraid of me.

When I pulled over onto the side of the road Briannas head darted out the window so she could see where we were. "Hawk you remembered?!" She said with a smile on her face. I had brought her to her favorite spot, "we had a bad experience the last time we were here. I wanted to show you that I don't want to be that guy anymore" I said while looking into her deep brown eyes. (For any of you who don't remember this is the spot where Brianna hid after spray painting hawks car, then this is where he basically kidnapped her that's the bad experience. Its the place with the cliff overlooking the ocean) We got out of the car and walked over to a few of the rocks and we sat up against them looking out at the ocean in front of us. "Thank you" Brianna said starting the conversation. "For what, all i've done is hurt you?" I replied confused. "Yes you have hurt me, and that hurt can't be undone, but you also just saved me... that Joey kid could have done some awful things to me if you hadn't shown up" She replied still looking out at the water. "Brianna anyone would have stepped in and stopped that" I replied. "You wasted 200 dollars!" she said a little more strong. "I didn't waste anything, if it helped you in any way it wasn't a waste" I replied while looking over at her. She looked back at me meeting my eyes, "thank you" she was able to get out, yet she stumbled over her words. I wanted to tell her that she was worth so much more than 200 dollars, I would risk everything for her... 'I would risk everything for her.' The thought rang through my head. 'Stop showing weakness' I mentally scolded myself.