Chapter 29 Everything's ok

It was Friday 5:55 pm. The Eagle Fangs would be arriving soon, Miguel was the only one who knew our plan. "Deep breaths" I said to Sam as she started pacing around the room worried that our plan wouldn't work. She nodded in reply as Demetri walked over to me, we were all worried but tried not to show it. "Do you think this is gonna work?" Demetri questioned while looking at the door in suspense. "I don't know" I replied honestly, Nate stood to my left and Demetri stood to my right. The two gingers sat on the couch talking about comics and other nerd sh!t. Sam continued pacing around the room awaiting the arrival of her boyfriend and his friends.

Then there was a knock on the door, everything completely stopped, the room was silent except for the sound of the eagle fangs outside. "You ready" Sam asked as we stepped up to the door ready to open it. "Ready as i'll ever be" I replied with a deep breath. As the door inched open I looked up and Miguel met my eyes with a soft smile. I looked around and saw all the other eagle fangs, Mitch, Bert, and a few other guys that I didn't know.

 "You said this was a keg party" Mitch scoffed while throwing himself down onto our couch. "Ya well I lied" Miguel scoffed in return. We all stared around at each other in awkward silence, I had a bad feeling about tonight and I had no idea why, this was supposed to be a good thing, right? People began mumbling to each other wondering why the hell they were here, Demetri, Sam, Miguel, and I were the only ones who knew what was actually happening. I looked over at Sam then Demetri and finally Miguel we all nodded in agreement and Sam spoke first, "We need to team up" She said standing tall to look more confident. "What the f^ck do you mean im not teaming up with you" Mitch scoffed in return. "Would you prefer to have your a$$ beat by a cobra" Miguel scoffed in reply while looking annoyed at Mitch. He sat on the couch for a second thinking of an answer, "Fine but im not gonna enjoy it" He said while standing up and walking towards Sam and Miguel. "We're stronger together" Miguel replied while holding Sam's hand in his. "Whatever" Mitch continued while walking in between them breaking their hands apart. "Rude" I scoffed under my breath but he heard. "No one asked for your opinion LaRusso" He replied while continuing to walk over to the dinning room table where Demetri had told everyone to sit.

Everyone sat down and looked over at Miguel, Demetri, Sam, and I who were standing at the head of the table. "We're all in agreement that our new combined dojo should train at Miyagi Do" Demetri started, everyone nodded in agreement knowing that eagle fang didn't even have a permanent dojo. Demetri continued on with the conflicts that we had run into, "But deadlocked on, a new name, gi design, post training snacks, and sensi dispute resolution protocol" Demetri finished while clicking his pen and taking a deep breath of air trying to think of something to solve these conflicts. "Ok not good but still its a start" Demetri said as enthusiastically as he could although it was hard because there wasn't much to be excited about.

We heard a cat meowing outside and we all turned our heads confused. "Aw I think your cat wants to come in" Bert said while getting up from the table. 'We dont have a cat' I thought to myself confused while watching Bert head outside. "Here kitty kitty" He said when he got outside. "I didn't know you had a cat" Miguel said confused. Sam looked over to him, she was confused as well, "We dont" she replied. Everyone shared some confused glances until we heard a window shatter behind us. We all whipped our heads to the side and saw Bert on the floor with blood leaking from his face. "Bert what happened!" Miguel yelled urgently as we all crowded around the injured boy. "No cat" he scoffed in reply. We all looked down at him worried until my attention was directed to somebody walking through the door, it was the cobras. Hawk walked in first, followed by Kyler and a few other cobras. "Its pay back time Rhea" Kyler said while stepping towards Miguel. Miguel's eyes widened when he saw Kyler, he rushed forwards and helped Nate pick Bert up bringing him backwards into the group. "Lets go" Kyler said smugly while him and the other cobras began to surround us. I looked over at hawk and he met my eyes, they softened in mine just like they always did but they hardened once again when he saw my serious, angry expression.