Chapter 7 The day my fears became afraid of me

Brianna's pov                                                                                                      

The next morning I woke up to the sound of pots and pans crashing together. I shot up and looked around, I saw Demetri in my door way smirking while holding the pans in his hands. "Good Morning sleepy head." He said. I groaned as I pulled the blankets back over my head so I could just go back to sleep. Then the blankets were pulled off of me and thrown on the floor. Demetri being the child he is got up onto the bed and started jumping on it trying to get me to wake up. I grabbed my pillow and hit him with it in the stomach and he fell down onto the bed and landed on his butt. "Will you two stop being all flirty and get ready to go." Robby smirked while leaning against the door frame watching us. "Go where?" Demetri questioned confused. "To the dojo, Brianna decided she was gonna start karate again" Robby said. Demetri turned his head to look at me and I just shrugged my shoulders, "I have been able to keep control of my anger recently because of you guys so I think I can do it, besides I don't want that hawk guy thinking he can walk all over me" I replied, I was very excited for this. I pushed the boys out of my room and got changed into an a black tight-ish cropped top and some gray sweatpants. 

I walked downstairs and saw my mom making scrambled eggs for all of us before we left to start training. It was currently April break and we didn't have any school this week so it was the perfect week to train. When we finished eating we all got in Sam's car to start driving to the dojo but we were stopped when my dad came out holding 4 skateboards and said, "Today's lesson is all about balance so everyone out of the car Brianna is going to teach you guys how to skateboard and you guys will use these to get to the dojo." I looked at him with a smile on my face, he was trying to make me feel welcomed in his world of karate and I really appreciated that, Demetri on the other hand did not, "Sorry to shut down the idea but do you see my legs they are literal twigs, I have no strength in them at all, I can barley lift my leg up to kick!" It was my time to shine, "Oh Demetri you have much to learn" I said while shaking my head in a funny way at him, then I continued, "The key of skating is not strength its momentum, all you really need is 1 or 2 pushes then you lean the direction you want to go and use your momentum to your advantage." Demetri still wasn't on board, "Can't you just teach Brianna and I how to do that thing on the balance board" he asked. "You will learn that, tomorrow, now start riding." My dad clapped back. He pulled me and Sam aside before I started the training, "Girls, last night your mom and I went to the cobra kai dojo, there was a little argument, and we kind of made a deal with that Johnny Lawrence guy that I always talk about, this coming Saturday at 10am at coyote creek, its this dumb competition thing we do, the last dojo standing stays open the loosing dojo closes down" He explained with a concerned look in his eyes. "Don't worry dad Robby and I will train them extra hard we are not loosing this fight" Sam said looking him in the eyes. He brought her into a hug, this was gonna be a tough fight but we knew we could do it. We went back over to Robby and Demetri and I taught everyone how to balance on the board and we were off. Robby was already a really good skater so him and I were gliding along the road infront of Demetri and Sam who were wobbling every 5 seconds. 

After about a half hour we arrived at the dojo, Sam stayed on her board the whole time but Demetri fell once or twice, he was fine though, we hoped. We were all talking and laughing as we walked through the gate, "Guys..." Demetri said, he looked concerned. "What" we all replied as we looked up. When I looked up our eyes met, his face was covered in dirt and sweat. I stared him down for a second and saw a can of spray paint in his hands, a couple of his friends were there with him. As I started sprinting towards him he motioned for his friends to come grab me, I jumped in the air sending a roundhouse kick to one of their faces then I landed and sent a side kick to the others stomach. I started walking towards him again, with steam basically coming out of my ears, my eyes felt like they were on fire. "Oh Brianna you should've let them grab you, now i'm gonna have to beat the shit out of you." He said smirking at me. "It won't be a very long fight, considering you'll be on the ground within seconds... Hawk" I replied while taking my fighting stance. "Whatever you say princess" He smirked while getting into his fighting stance. He threw the first punch at me and I swerved out of the way sending a right hook to the side of his face. He hit the fence behind him holding his jaw, as he turned around he smirked at me while shaking his head. He came running at me ready to attack. He sent a tornado kick right to my face but I bent down into a back bend and he completely missed me. He stared at me stunned as I stood straight back up and without hesitation sent the same kick to his shoulder. He fell backwards onto the ground but quickly got back up. "Are you sure you want to continue" I said while death staring him. "You might be able to hit me princess but your to weak to hurt me" He continued while charging at me again. This time he stopped in front of me and motioned to something behind me, I was confused until I felt a foot hit me in the back hard, I fell forward into his arms and he threw me on the ground climbing on top of me. He was playing dirty, now so was I. I tried to get out from under him but he had me pinned onto the ground hard, he stared me in the eyes and I stared back at his, his dirty face and angry eyes made him look psychotic.