Chapter 12 Life or Death

Sorry this took so long to post school is so stressful right now. There will be a lot more chapters coming out because I will have more time to right them due to it being February break!

I woke up and saw that Demetri was already awake and was watching me sleep peacefully. "Good morning" he said while he looked at me. "What time is ittttttttt" I replied while closing my eyes again. "Brianna it's almost one training starts in an hour" he said while laughing. "I slept that late" I whined while slapping myself in the face. "Well I am a pretty decent pillow" he joked. I shook my head while laughing still laying down on his chest, his flannel shirt was stained with tears but he didn't seem to care. "Who's hoodie is that, I feel like I've seen it before?" he questioned while pointing to hawks hoodie. "It's uhhh... Robby's he gave it to me" I replied trying me hardest to cover my lie. "Well I can give it back to him if you don't feel like going to training" he replied. "No no he said I can keep it so you don't have to say anything about it to him... or anyone else" I blurted out quickly my face getting completely red from my lie. "Okkkkkk......" He replied looking at me confused. "We should probably get ready for training we don't want to be late" I jumped up and urged him out the door. He got up and left, I was left in my room alone, that was a close one.

I went downstairs and saw Sam sitting at the table, "how'd you sleep?" she questioned while smirking at me. "Fine, why?" I replied staring at her confused. "Check my recent post on Instagram, you'll love it." she smirked while looking at Demetri then back a me and wiggling her eyebrows. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and opened Instagram, I went to Sam's profile and clicked on the recent pic.

Caption: And they say they aren't dating

Seen by: @Comic.Demetri, @nateman, @Queen.Yasmine, @Hawk 99+ more

Comments:

@Robby.Keene: "we are just friends" ya right
@Karate.Chris: I see the way they look at each other during training, they have to stop trying to hide it 🙄
@Peace.Moon: Awwwwwww❤️❤️❤️
99+ more

"Shit" I mumbled. Demetri was gonna get murdered by a psycho with a red mohawk. "SAM!" Demetri and I screamed at the same time. "What it's true!" she defended while smirking at us. "NO ITS NOT WERE JUST FRIENDS!" we screamed at the same time. I heard some laughter from the corner of the room and saw that Robby was video taping that whole conversation, "I'm so posting this" he hummed. "NO!" Demetri and I screamed at the same time. "To late." he shrugged while laughing. Demetri and I both fell back onto the couch behind us groaning. We all ate some lunch then headed down to training, on our way there Sam and Robby continued to make fun of us. Demetri and I were just friends.

Today was the last day of training before the competition to see which dojo stayed and which dojo would be leaving. It was scorching hot that day and we tried to do these stupid endurance exercises, everyone was practically dead after them, we were so tired. I debated weather or not I should jump into the pond next to me but decided I didn't want to have to dry off. When everyone was to tired from the endurance exercises we went inside this icebox thing, my dad claims it was some sort of ancient training method. I personally thought it was dumb, he explained the rules again and I went in the ring first. "1" my dad said and Chris stepped in the ring. He sent a kick at my side and I blocked it away and sent a light punch to his stomach, the goal of this exercise was to make you more alert to your senses, we didn't want to injure our allies. Self defense was the key to Miyagi Do karate but we had all mastered defense and offense, we were more than ready for the competition tomorrow. "Alright everybody tomorrow's competition is going to push you to the limits, we will need to work as a team if we want to beat the cobras, Robby and Sam I want you guys to stick together and use the balance board technique I taught you, same with Brianna and Demetri, work together you cannot win this alone you need a team-mate to work with you." My dad lectured to us. We all nodded our heads at him and at each other, the cobras didn't stand a chance.