Chapter 20 hurt

I walked into school the next morning hiding my face, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. "So how much money did we raise" Moon said cheerfully while running towards me. I rolled my eyes while I replied, "you didn't hear yet" I said while staring up at her. "Hear what?" She replied confused. "Hawk and his a$$hole friend mitch took it" I said while shaking my head. "What the hell" she practically yelled. "How did they even get it?" She asked while calming herself down. "They waited for me to go clean up the signs and Nate was alone for just 1 minute, then they attacked him and took the money, when I tried to get it back mitch kicked me really hard" I explained while holding my stomach. "Those a$$holes" she said quieter. "Did he used to be nice, before you know... he flipped the script or whatever he calls it" I asked while looking at her. "The truth is I used to bully him for his lip before he you know changed, I felt bad doing it but all my friends were doing it I felt like I didn't have a choice. Then he became hawk, and I thought he was now well sorta cool so I went to talk to him, then we got together. He used to have a blue mohawk, he was more chill then but ever since he got the red mohawk he's been... well crazy, I broke up with him a few days after the change, he became the bully and it hurt me to much to stay with him, he was turning into the person I used to be right infront of me and it hurt" She replied with an expressionless face. I nodded before giving her a hug, "he really is an a$$hole" I said which made moon laugh a little. "Well I gotta go to my first class I'll see you later" I said while walking away down the sophomore hallway.

I walked quickly to ensure that I didn't run into hawk or any of his friends. Gladly I didn't and I got into class a few minutes before the bell. "Miss LaRusso your early that's new" Mrs. Mack said while nodding, "I see Eli is teaching you how to be a good student." She continued. "Oh no no Eli is a terrible tutor I have just been studying on my own, school isn't that bad if you actually understand what your doing" I lied with a smile. "Would you like me to cancel your tutoring sessions with him" she asked concerned. "Oh no no I don't want to crush him he enjoys tutoring me" I lied again, the truth was if I stopped doing tutoring with hawk he could get Demetri sam and I expelled, we were already in enough trouble if counselor Blat knew we snuck out of the school it would just make it worse. I sat down at my seat and tapped my pencil on my desk and twirled it around in my fingers for the whole class, I didn't feel like paying attention. I did this for all my other classes, I understood the basics of the lessons but never fully listened to what the teacher was talking about. The lunch today was a ham and cheese sandwich, but not the good kind. I didn't eat it I didn't eat anything, my stomach hurt to much from the black and blue bruise that had formed last night in my sleep. 'I guess even ex cobras are still rotten little snakes' I thought to myself while holding my stomach.

When the school day was finally over I walked out to the front of the school and sure enough hawk was waiting there for me. "Not today ok" I said while pushing past him. "Bri-" he started but I cut him off. "Not today ok I don't give a f^ck anymore go and tell counselor Blat it was me just don't get Demetri and Sam in trouble it was my fault I told them to do it" I said referring to the blackmail he had on sam Demetri and I. "No brianna I don't care about the blackmail anymore, the least I can do to apologize for what happened yesterday is help get you ready for this test" he replied while walking over to me. "I'll study myself I don't need your help" I said while pushing past him to where sam was parked. "Brianna I'm sorry" he said while following behind me. "Sorry isn't enough for what you did and no you cant make it up to me" I said while getting into Sam's car and closing the door.

"A$$hole" I mumbled to myself as Sam began to drive away. She didn't ask me any questions, she didn't look at me she just drove back to the house. We got inside and I stormed up to my room and pulled out my phone, I had 15 texts from hawk, he forced me to unblock his number so he could text me about tutoring.

Hawk

Hawk:brianna I really am sorry

Brianna please answer me