The Night We Met

A/N This is similar to my Heather chapter. This takes place between my previous chapter and the upcoming one. Stay tuned!!

--------------------------------------------------
Miguel's shoes squeaked against the shiny tile as he made his way through the dimly lit hallway. He had come to the hospital to visit Y/N again like he did every day. His mom told him that maybe if he talked to her, it would help her. He found the familiar room that he become so accustomed to and pushed open the door.

There she was, laying like she always. Strapped to machines and covered in different types of equipment, with her face slowly healing from its multiple bruises and cuts. She still looked beautiful to Miguel. Miguel sat down in the uncomfortable plastic chair and grabbed her hand like he always did. He just stared at her, watching her chest steadily move up and down.

I am not the only traveler

Who has not repaid his debt

I've been searching for a trail to follow again

"Hey Y/N, it's me again. Things have gotten a little better since the last time I talked to you. I know you're probably wondering how things could've improved in a day but they have. Even if not by much. Everyone misses you, even Buddy. He's been sadder since you've been gone. I think all of us have."

Take me back to the night we met

And then I can tell myself

What the hell I'm supposed to do

"Sensei started drinking again. He hasn't been the same. Neither have I if I'm being honest. I just keep thinking about everything that happened and how maybe things could've been different and you wouldn't be here."

And then I can tell myself

Not to ride along with you

"It's crazy how things have changed without you here. I never really realized how much I relied on you now that you're gone. You were always there for me and I guess I took advantage of that. I never realized until now how much I've taken you for granted."

I had all and then most of you

Some and now none of you

Take me back to the night we met

"I see you everywhere I go. Every time I do something I just think of you. You're probably thinking I've gone crazy but it's true. I remember when you teased me about missing you for two days. I miss those days. I went from hanging out with you every day to barely seeing you. Seeing you like this is just isn't the same. It's worse."

I don't know what I'm supposed to do

Haunted by the ghost of you

"I've gotta go now but I promise I'll come back tomorrow. Maybe I can get Sensei to come with me." Miguel got up out of his chair and leaned over and planted a kiss on her forehead. "I love you." He whispered before walking out of the room.

Oh, take me back to the night we met