Chapter 87- The Key

"When I look around today, I see the future." Terry started, his eyes darting around the dojo. All of the students were standing at attention, dressed in their midnight black gis. The new senseis that Terry had hired were facing them, also standing at attention. "Now it's no secret our past has been flawed. Sensei Kreese fell victim to his demons. But John Kreese is not Cobra Kai. We are. We've already shown that we are champions, but that championship is merely a springboard to new heights. That's why I've brought in some of the finest senseis in the valley. Consider this their job interview."

Just as Terry finished, the door to the dojo slammed closed, signaling someone has entered. Everyone looked over to see Tory walking in, her face stoic as she made her way to the mat. "Let's all give it up. Champ is in the house." Terry announced, gesturing to the blonde. Everyone started clapping and cheering while Tory just stared at everyone, no emotions visible on her face. She gave a quick bow while Terry jested, "She's allowed to be a little late. Today."

Tory walked onto the mat and found a place in between Kenny and Y/N, with Y/N giving her a playful nudge. "When are you gonna bring in your trophy?" Kenny asked her, turning to her. Tory shook her head. "Not today." She mumbled. Kenny's smile dropped and he turned away as Terry told everyone to go warm up.

Everyone started to disperse, with Y/N and Tory pairing off. "Hey, you good? You seem a bit off." Y/N said. Tory nodded. "I'm good. It's nothing." Tory lied brushing her off. Tory wanted to tell Y/N, she really did but she knew she couldn't. How could Tory tell Y/N that her dad was a lying, cheating snake who didn't care about anyone but himself? Y/N would not take that very kindly and it would probably end with both of them having bloody knuckles and one of them knocked out on the mat.

"So, you are champion, eh?" The Asian sensei asked, walking over to the pair. "Yeah, I guess," Tory replied. "And you are Silver's daughter?" He questioned. "Yeah, I am," Y/N responded. "Good. Then I will not go easy on you." He said before walking away from them. The two girls exchanged confused looks before following after him.

The man picked up a large target pad and gestured for the two to start kicking. Y/N went first, kicking as hard as she could. The man watched her, studying her body language and her facial expressions. She held conflict within her, that much was clear to him. He already knew everything about her anyway, Daniel had talked about her frequently, but now that he was in front of her, he could tell that she was holding back a lot of emotions.

Tory went next, practicing her kicks as well. The man scoffed and dropped the pad, causing Tory to stop. "You are both better than this." He snapped. "How would you know? You've never seen us fight." Tory spat. "It is obvious. You are both troubled." He replied. Tory and Y/N exchanged a confused look. Was this man for real right now?

"Maybe you two do not want to anymore now that you are a champion and that you are Silver's daughter." The man suggested, obviously trying to anger the two girls. "I don't just fight for a trophy. I wanna be strong, to defend what's mine." Tory argued. "And I fight to defend myself." Y/N added. "Good reasons." He replied, nodding his head.

"What about you? Why be a sensei?" Tory asked. "Honor." He replied bluntly. Tory raised an eyebrow. "That's it?" She questioned. "That is everything. I thought I had lost my honor. Eventually, I understood. No one can take honor from you. Only you can take honor from yourself."

Y/N and Tory both slowly nodded, letting the man's words sink in. It was definitely something to make them think about. "How's it going over here, Sensei..." Terry trailed off, walking over to the trio. "Jokichi Tatsuya. Everyone calls me Joe." Sensei Joe responded. "Sensei Joe. What are you working on with my daughter and our champion?" Terry asked. "First train mind. Then train body." Joe replied. Terry raised an eyebrow quizzically. "Don't let me interrupt." He said stepping back.