Chapter 57- Walking and School

"Let's go, slowpoke," Johnny said as he wheeled past Y/N. After she was able to stand and move around a little, she didn't need a wheelchair anymore and started using crutches. Johnny had set up an obstacle course for her to practice moving around in. "Move those gimp legs."

Y/N went to hop over a small hurdle only for her legs to get caught on the bar, making her fall over. "Ow." She groaned while Johnny winced. "Alright let's try that again." He suggested as Miguel came over and helped Y/N up. Throughout the whole process, Miguel had been by Y/N's side, always encouraging her and picking her up when she fell, literally and figuratively. Y/N would forever be grateful.

Over the next few days, Johnny pushed Y/N to work harder, putting her through different exercises. One even involved her holding a keg and doing sit-ups but that exercise was more for Johnny. Now she was back on the obstacle course, hoping through ropes. "Go, Lawrence. Move it!" Johnny encouraged as Y/N hopped towards some wood that was set up to be stairs. "We're almost there. Let's go!"

She made her way up onto the platform and looked up at her dad. "All right, dad, I think I'm getting the hang of it," Y/N stated. "Oh yeah? Think fast." Johnny replied throwing a black medicine ball at her. Y/N caught the ball, making her drop her crutches which resulted in her falling to the ground. "Well, at least you tried." Johnny shrugged.

Y/N did more stuff back at the apartment, mostly lifting things with her legs like the coffee table and stuff like that. Johnny felt confident that she was going to be walking within the next few days. He brought her back to the obstacle course once more.

She made her way up onto the platform again, her legs feeling stronger than they felt the last time she did it. Johnny threw the medicine ball at her and she caught it, making her crutches fall like last time. Except for this time, Y/N didn't fall with them. 

Y/N looked down at her legs with wide eyes. "What are you waiting for? Keep going!" Johnny encouraged. Y/N nodded and tossed the ball back to Johnny before shuffling along the wooden beam. When she reached the end, she jumped off of it and ran over to her dad, pulling him into a hug. She did it. She could walk again.
------------------------------------------
Miguel was ecstatic that Y/N could walk again. Granted her muscles were still weak from lack of use but at least she could move around a lot more easily. Now Miguel could finally take her on the date he's been waiting to take her on since they got together. Unfortunately, it'd have to wait though. Right now they needed to help Johnny open up his own dojo.

"What about Johnny Lawrence Karate? Or Strike Hard Karate?" Miguel suggested, leaning into Y/N who was sitting on the kitchen counter in her apartment. Y/N opened her legs a little and pulled him back so he was standing in between them. Miguel would be lying if he said he wasn't thinking of the situation in a different scenario.

Johnny ignored Miguel and just stared at his computer scene, taking a bite of his Slim Jim. "Come on, dad, we need to think of a name for our new dojo," Y/N said, running her hands through Miguel's hair. "How long does it take for Facebook messages to get delivered? Ali lives in Colorado, so probably a while, right?" Johnny asked. "It's instantaneous," Miguel answered with a roll of his eyes. Johnny sighed and slammed his computer shut.

"Moving on, what about All American Karate?" Y/N proposed. Johnny shook his head. "It's not good enough. We need something that tells everyone we're the most badass dojo in the Valley." Johnny said, waving his hand. "It sucks Cobra Kai's such a badass name." Miguel sighed. "What if we just keep that? But we spell our cobra with a K. They can call us triple K." Johnny said with a smile. Miguel and Y/N exchanged a look. "Like KKK?" Y/N asked with a raised eyebrow.

Johnny thought about what he said for a moment. "Yeah, it's probably a bad idea. Whatever, we'll figure it out. First, we need some students." Johnny stated. "Well, it's our first day back at school today. We could do some recruiting." Y/N offered. 

Miguel had been excused from school for the past few weeks since he was helping Y/N. His mom didn't mind since he stayed on top of his school work and regularly met with his teacher to discuss his progress. Another thing he did that Y/N was grateful for.
----------------------------------------------
Miguel and Y/N took the bus to school since they weren't sure how well she would be able to bike. After getting their bags checked by security, the two walked into the entry hall together, their hands clasped together.

People started cheering and clapping and Y/N even noticed a banner that was hung up on the stairs. It read: WELCOME BACK Y/N! 

Y/N felt herself, feeling shy from all the attention she was receiving. People walked by her, patting her on the back, clasping a hand on her shoulder, and even giving her fistbumps while Miguel just watched with a smile. "Look at you, babe. Already the most popular person here and you've been back for 5 seconds." Miguel teased. Y/N chuckled. "That's what happens when you nearly die." She deadpanned. Miguel let out a laugh and started walking through the hall, dragging Y/N with him.

"Mini Lawrence!" A voice called. Y/N looked over to see Hawk walking over to the pair. While she still wasn't a big fan of his, she was grateful that he at least sent her some gifts and visited her while she was in the hospital. "What's up?" She replied, letting go of Miguel to hug him. "Welcome back. They give you some bionic legs or some shit?" Hawk joked, making Y/N laugh. "No, same old boring human legs." She replied.

"Oh yeah? Can you still through down? Right now Cobra Kai is crushing it and we could use you two back in the dojo." Hawk stated. Miguel and Y/N exchanged a look. "Actually we've been meaning to talk to you about that," Miguel said. Hawk looked at the two confused but before they could speak, the bell rang. "Uh, we'll talk to you about it at lunch."

Hawk nodded and clasped them both on the shoulder before walking away. "Well, time to go to class." Y/N groaned, grabbing Miguel's hand again. Miguel chuckled. "Well, at least we have most of them together." He said. "You act like that makes me feel better." Y/N quipped as the two continued walking. Miguel rolled his eyes.

"You're lucky I love you."

"Oh am I? I think you're lucky that I love you."

"Hmm, I don't know if I am."

"I'm telling my dad you said that."

"I take it back!"

Y/N laughed and pecked him on the lips. "It's about time you two got together." A voice said from behind them. Y/N turned around to see Demetri...wearing a cast?

"Demetri!" She greeted excitedly, hugging him carefully as she tried not to touch his arm. "The Comeback Kid! Welcome back." He greeted back, returning the hug. The two let go of each other. "What's up with the cast?" Miguel questioned. "Proximal radius fracture," Demetri replied.

"It smells." Yasmine taunted, coming up next to him. "Oh hey, Yasmine." Y/N greeted, smiling at the girl. While she didn't like the blonde that much, she still donated money for Y/N's surgery and Y/N was grateful for that. "I put a lemon rind down there to mitigate that. The invitation for your signature still stands." Demetri offered, holding a sharpie up to her.

Yasmine pushed his hand away. "Hard pass. At least when you used to be a thorn in my tits, you were getting me an A in science. Now you can't even do that because you're defective." Yasmine sneered. She smiled at Y/N before briskly walking away from the trio. Ok, that was weird.

Y/N cleared her throat. "Anyways, how'd you break your arm?" Y/N asked, turning to Demetri. Demetri's smile dropped. He looked between Miguel and Y/N before sighing. "We've got a lot to catch up on."
---------------------------
A/N I came across a story that was very similar to mine and it made me kind of mad because the person didn't even give credit :). I'm not mad that they made the story, I just mad that they obviously took parts from my story and used it without giving me credit. I'm actually not even mad I'm just annoyed.

Anyways enough of that, I hope you guys enjoyed and remember to stay hydrated.