Chapter 81- Crash and Burn

The skills competition was first, meaning that the Eagle Fangs had to try and score as many points as possible before they got to the fighting. Miguel and Y/N were going to showcase kata while Bert did board breaking and Mitch did the weapons portion.

At first, everything went smoothly with Bert breaking his boards perfectly and Mitch doing some excellent skill work. The Eagle Fangs quickly rose to 2nd place until everything started falling apart. Bert failed to break a board and Mitch pretty much threw his bo staff at the judges. The only part that received them points was Y/N and Miguel's kata.

Once the skills competition was over, with Miyagi Do and Cobra Kai coming out on top, it was time for the fights to begin. Y/N was nervous, to say the least. She had fought before, of course, but this felt different. It felt like the end all be all. If she hesitated or even miscalculated for just a second, it was all over.

"How the hell are we in sixth place?" Johnny asked angrily. "The skill events are weighed differently. Gold medals are 10 points-" Miguel started. "I don't give a shit about the math. What do we need to beat Cobra Kai?" Johnny questioned, cutting Miguel off. "Uh, math," Miguel replied. Y/N rolled her eyes. "To catch up on points, we need to win as many matches in the qualifying rounds as possible." She explained. Johnny nodded. "Let's do this."
-------------------------
The qualifying rounds seemed to be moving in fast motion as the different dojos battled against each other. Cobra Kai was currently dominating as Robby, Kenny, Kyler, Tory and Piper advanced to the quaterfinals. Miyagi-Do was right behind them with Sam, Eli and Demetri while Eagle Fang, on the other hand, only had Y/N and Miguel left. Things were not looking good.

"Alright folks. We've witnessed some great fighting today. But you ain't seen nothing yet. Because we have arrived at the quarterfinals!" Daryl, the announced chuckled. "Which means things are about to get intense. Of the eight boys and eight girls on this stage, one of each will be named All Valley champion. And then we'll tally all the points to determine which dojo has earned the title of Grand Champion. And since the points get higher in each round...it's still any dojo's game! So you keep your eyes on this here blue mat, because we are just getting started!"

The crowd cheered crazily before the first match was announced. It was between Miguel and some boy from a dojo Y/N didn't remember. "Good luck, Mig." Y/N said, squeezing his hand. Miguel grinned. "I don't need luck when I have you."

Y/N smiled as he waltzed onto the mat. Miguel and the boy bowed to each other before the ref called the match. Miguel went first, swinging at the boy. The boy put up a good fight, but Miguel was the better fighter. The boy went to move forward but Miguel jumped in the air, doing the tornado kick Johnny had taught him, and landed his foot to the boy's face, winning the match.

Y/N was next as she was called out to fight some girl from All Star Karate. "You got this kid." Johnny encouraged as she stepped onto the mat. Y/N and the girl bowed at the ref before turning to face each other and bowing once more. "Ready, fight!"

The girl jumped forward, dancing around like some ballet dancer. Y/N wasn't having any of it as the girl ran at Y/N. Y/N brought her foot up and kicked the girl in the chest, causing her to let out an oompf! sound. "Point, Lawrence!" The ref announced. "Yeah Y/N!" Y/N heard Miguel cheer.

Y/N grinned to herself as she got into her fighting position. The ref called the match once more before backing away, just as the girl went forward. She swung her arm to land a hit but Y/N could see it a mile away. Y/N intercepted the girl's fist before grabbing her forearm and flipping her onto her back. Y/N struck the girl's chest once more, earning another point. One more to go.

Once the girl was back on her feet, the match was called. The two danced around, neither one of them going to move first. The girl must've learned her lesson the first time. The two slowly circled around each other, making Y/N grow impatient. Time to end this.