Chapter 86- New Paths

"You've got to be kidding me!" Robby exclaimed angrily. "You have every right to be upset." Johnny reassured, trying to keep his eyes focused on the road. Since the trip started, Robby had kept asking Johnny why he took him to Mexico but Johnny kept avoiding the question. Finally, feeling guilty for lying to his son, Johnny to Robby the real reason. They were looking for Miguel.

"How could you take me down to Mexico and not mention once we're coming to get Miguel? 'Come on Robby, let's go to Mexico. Come back with some stories.'" Robby mocked, glaring out the window. "Hey, I wasn't bullshitting you. I wanna fix our relationship. When I heard Miguel was in trouble, I had to do something and I couldn't just leave you at home. I'm done doing that. Besides, I need your help to find Miguel." Johnny explained.

Robby scoffed at this. "My help? Do you even have a plan?" He questioned. "Yeah, of course, I do. Miguel's looking for Hector Salazar. I know where the kid gets off the bus. That's our first stop." Johnny replied. "And when we get there, what do you plan on doing?" Robby asked. "I'll ask around if anyone saw Miguel."

"That's the big plan?"

"Of course not. We come up dry, I'll check the Mexican phone book."

"Oh my God. You drove me over a thousand miles to check a phone book? Might as well put Miguel's face on a milk carton."

"They still do that?"

Robby licked his lips in annoyance. "I could be at home right now with Tory. Coming with you was a mistake." He muttered. Johnny heaved a sigh. "All right. I'm sorry, okay? I thought this trip would help you and Miguel get over your shit. Look, when we get to the bus station, if you wanna buy a ticket home, you can go home. I don't want you to go home, but-"

Robby rolled his eyes and looked out the front window only to see a truck coming into their path. "Dad, watch out!" He yelled. "Shit!" Johnny exclaimed. Johnny jerked the steering wheel, causing the van to veer off of the road. The van came to a halt in the grass, one of the tires hissing. "Great, just great." Johnny mumbled.

Robby and Johnny climbed out of the car to assess the damage. "Looks like just a blown tire. Won't take long to fix it." Johnny reassured. Robby nodded wordlessly, still a bit pissed off at his dad. "Listen Robby I know you're mad about me tricking you into coming with me-" Johnny started. "That's not exactly why I'm mad." Robby said, cutting Johnny off.

Johnny stared at him in surprise. "Then why are you mad?" He asked. "I'm not mad that you took me with you to get Miguel, I'm mad that we're not getting Y/N." Robby replied. Johnny heaved a sigh. "I know. I wanted to go after her first but Silver's a hard guy to find." Johnny said. "I know but there's gotta be something we can do." Robby begged. "I don't know if there is."
---------------------
A phone buzzed against the counter, causing Y/N to stop her training. She walked over to the counter and picked up her phone to see Miguel's name flashing across the screen. Y/N felt her heart drop to her stomach.

Y/N never got over the guilty feeling that followed her after her running away with Terry. She didn't care that she left Johnny or Daniel or Sam or Eli or everyone else. She only cared about leaving Miguel. He was the only person who was by her side through everything and now she just left him. It was killing her but it was something she had to do. She belonged in Cobra Kai. She belonged with Terry Silver. Her real father.

Y/N swallowed down her nerves before clicking the green accept button. "H-hello?" She asked hesitantly. "Hey, Y/N. We need to talk." Miguel replied, his voice cracking. "Oh my god Miguel-I'm so sorry for leaving you I just-" Y/N started to ramble. "No, Y/N it's ok. I understand why you did what you did." Miguel said, cutting her off. "You do?"

"Yeah. I understand because I did the same thing."

Y/N furrowed her brow. "What do you mean?" She asked. Miguel sighed. "I'm in Mexico right now...looking for my dad." He answered. Y/N gasped. "Miguel, you didn't." She said. "I did. It's something I have to do." He replied.

"Are you ok at least? Are you hurt? Do you have enough money? Somewhere to stay?"

"Yes, love I'm fine."

"Well, what happened did you find him?"

"Well, that's... that's actually why I'm calling right now. The whole process has been a lot harder than I expected."

"Oh, Mig, I'm sorry. Are you sure you should be doing this though?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's just...Carmen and Rosa left Ecuador to get away from your dad. Do you really think it's a good idea to go find him?"

"I-I know but I just-"

"Listen, Miguel, I just want you to be safe, ok? I don't want you to do something that'll get you hurt."

"I know."

"Y/N! Where are you?" A voice asked through the house. "Oh shit. My dad's coming. I've gotta go." Y/N said. "O-Ok." Miguel replied. "Listen, Miguel please be safe. I-I love you." Y/N whispered. Miguel felt tears well up in his eyes at this. God damn it he loved her. "I love you too. You be safe too. I need to see your beautiful face when I come back." Miguel replied. Y/N gave a watery laugh. "I'll see what I can do."

"Y/N! Y/N!" The voice yelled, getting closer. "Bye, Miguel." She whispered. "Bye, Y/N." He replied. Y/N hung up the phone and tossed it to the side as she quickly tried to wipe away the tears that formed in her eyes. Just s she wiped away the last tear, the door to the training room slammed open to reveal her dad. Terry Silver.

"There you are. I was looking for you." He said, leaning against the doorframe. "Yea, sorry I was just doing some training." Y/N replied, ducking her head. Terry raised an eyebrow. "You alright, kid?" He asked. Y/N nodded. "Yeah, I just-uh-it's nothing never mind." She stammered. She knew that if she told Terry she was talking to Miguel, he would lose his shit. And frankly, she didn't want to deal with that right now.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be upset." He said. "Yea, Dad. I'm sure." She replied. Terry looked at her once more before shaking his head. "Well, come on. The new senseis are here and I want you to be with me while I talk to them." He said. "Yes, sir."

The two walked out of the training room and entered the main dojo where a bunch of senseis were standing shoulder to shoulder. Terry walked over and started pacing in front of them while Y/N stood off to the side, observing. "Today is a turning point at Cobra Kai. Our competition has closed up shop...and the Valley now looks to us to lead the way. We have a long road ahead. This is just the beginning." Terry began as he started walking in front of them, his blue eyes studying each and every one of them.

"Right now, we're strangers.  But I can tell you we won't be strangers for long. This is the start of something special. For everyone else, it's summer vacation. But for us, the real work is about to begin. Cobra Kai now has more students than ever before.  That means we'll need more senseis. I'm gonna ask you to do more than what's expected. Which means I'm going to pay more than what's expected."

Y/N chuckled at this. It's not a business deal without the promise of high payment. Terry taught her that. "But first, you must prove yourself in the way of the fist. It's time to see if you're worthy." Terry finished, stopping in front of the last sensei.

The last sensei, who was an older Asian man, stared up at Terry with an emotionless face. "Hai!" The man yelled. Terry smirked at this. "Y/N, anything to add?" Terry asked, turning to his daughter. Y/N grinned at her father before moving from her spot off to the side. She walked over to the senseis and stopped in front of them, not noticing the way the Asian man watched her, staring at her as if he knew her. "Gentlemen..."She started, a smirk identical to Terry's forming on her face. "Welcome to Cobra Kai."
-----------------------------
A/N I hate the part where Miguel is on the phone with Sam like why was she so mad at him?? I get it he left but she did make their conversation about herself. That's why I decided to make it where Y/N was worried and not angry. She'd be a hypocrite if she was if we're being honest. Anyway I hope y'all enjoyed and remembered to stay hydrated :)