Chapter 70- Leaving well enough alone

Night had fallen as Y/N drove her and Miguel to the drive-in. The windows were down and the radio was on full blast as the two screamed along to the song that was playing, the wind brushing their hair back. Miguel's hand was resting on her thigh, periodically giving it a squeeze as she drove.

The two pulled into the drive-in, parking next to one of the designated speakers. Hawk was talking about having the Eagle Fangs and Miyagi Do's meet up at the drive-in since they were playing Bloodsport. Y/N and Miguel agreed to go but they were going to watch the movie in Y/N's car and meet up with the others after. They wanted some alone time for now. Plus they didn't want to see Sam after the little stunt she pulled at the party.

The movie was about halfway through, but the two weren't paying attention as their lips were pressed against each other. Y/N was straddling Miguel's lap with his hands placed firmly on her waist. Y/N pulled away and leaned her forehead against his. "I'm gonna get some water. Do you want anything?" She asked, panting. "Just you." He murmured, kissing her neck. Y/N felt her cheeks flush. "I don't think that's on the menu tonight, babe." She teased, climbing off of his lap. "You're such a tease." He groaned. Y/N laughed. "I try."

She gave him a peck on the cheek before getting out of the car and walking towards the concession stand. As she approached the stand, she looked over to see Hawk, Nathaniel, and Bert surrounding a young boy, with the food he must've had spilled all on the ground. Y/N recognized the boy to be Kenny.

She ran over to them, placing herself in between Hawk and Kenny. "What are you guys doing?" She asked glaring at them. "Just telling this kid to watch where he's going." Hawk spat. "Yeah, same goes for you." A voice spoke. Y/N froze at the voice. "Robby." She whispered, turning to look at him. Robby looked at her, an unreadable emotion in his green eyes.

"You know her?" Kenny asked Robby. "I used to. I'm not so sure anymore." Robby replied bitterly. Kenny moved to Robby's side as Nathaniel and Bert moved to Hawk's, leaving Y/N in the middle. "Well look who it is," Hawk said, glaring at Robby. "You betrayed Miyagi-Do. Traitor." Nathaniel spat. "Oh, there's a traitor here for sure. And he's gonna get what he deserved." Tory's voice spoke. Tory walked up the group, the rest of the Cobra Kai's behind her. 

Y/N slowly backed away, wanting to remove herself from the situation. "I don't think so. Not if I have anything to say about it, Princess." Sam mocked walking over. Miguel joined them, coming to Y/N's side. He grabbed her hand in reassurance as the two groups glared at each other, the only sound coming from the movie playing behind them.

"Hey, guys. Can you believe that they have Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper?" Demetri asked, walking over to the group. Everyone turned and looked at him, annoyed expressions on their faces. "Shit. Not another rumble." He groaned, realizing what was happening. "Careful, LaRusso. Your mommy isn't here to play peacemaker." Tory smirked. Sam glared at her. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Guys, stop. We can't do this." Y/N declared. "We'll beat them on the mat," Miguel added. "Oh really? You remember what happened the last time we fought, right?" Robby asked, glancing at Y/N. Y/N felt her heart drop at this. Robby was using what happened to her against her. It felt like being stabbed with a knife.

"Okay. Meet us at the baseball diamond in 30 minutes." Miguel spat, glaring at Robby. "And no weapons." He added, his eyes shooting to Tory. "We won't need them," Tory replied. "Yeah." He said back, not believing her. The Miyagi Do's and Eagle Fangs turned around and walked away, with Y/N glancing over her shoulder. Her eyes landed on sweet Kenny who was no longer the shy boy she had met, before landing on Robby, the boy with who she had shared such a special relationship. She missed them. 

30 minutes later, Sam, Hawk, Miguel, Y/N, and Demetri were sitting in Hawk's car, watching as the Cobra Kai's walked onto the baseball diamond. The lights turned off, causing them to look around in confusion before the sprinklers kicked on, dousing them all in water. The boys all started laughing while Y/N watched them, not sure how to react.

"Smart idea, man." Demetri said, clapping Miguel on the back. "Yeah, we didn't even have to throw a punch." Hawk added. Miguel gave a laugh as Hawk threw the car in drive and took off down the road, leaving the soaking wet Cobra Kai's in their wake.
------------------------------------
The next day, the kids all gathered at the dojo, talking about Miguel's brilliant idea. "Henceforth, Miguel Diaz shall be known as The Rainmaker." Demetri announced as he stretched out his leg. Miguel chuckled as Hawk repeated the tile in Spanish. "yeah, but if they hadn't fallen for it, we would've beaten them." Sam said arrogantly. Y/N rolled her eyes at this. "Maybe, but it could've gone bad." Miguel replied, somewhat annoyed.

"What could've gone bad?" Johnny asked, walking over to them "We were about to get into a gnarly fight at the drive-in, Sensei. But, Miguel saved the day." Hawk replied with a grin. "Oh yeah? How'd you do that?" Johnny asked, unconvinced. 

"Told the Cobra Kais to come to the baseball diamond. Just in time for the grass to get watered." Miguel answered, proudly. Johnny looked at him confused. "So you picked a fight, you didn't show up, and then you doused them with a hose?" Johnny asked. Miguel stared at him, blankly. Must be remembering when that happened to you, huh dad?  

"Oh, it was sprinklers." Demetri corrected. Johnny glared at him, making him look away. "I'll go back to saying nothing." He said, putting his hands up in surrender. Johnny rolled his eyes before turning back to Miguel. "You just poked the bear. What do you think's gonna happen? You think thy're just going to leave well enough alone?" Johnny asked angrily.

Y/N had to take Johnny's side on this one. If they had just walked away then maybe they could avoid any further issues. But no, their egos were bigger than their brains and they had to retaliate. Now who knows what will happen.

"From everything I heard about last night, it sounds to me like Miguel practiced restraint. Found a way to get out of a bad situation without anyone getting hurt." Daniel defended, coming to Miguel's side. Johnny stared at him as he continued. "What did you want him to do, have him get into a drive-in switch blade fight? I'm proud of you. You've taken Miyagi-Do teachings to heart."

Daniel clapped Miguel on the shoulder, causing Johnny's face to drop. Y/N knew he felt jealous of the budding relationship growing between Daniel and Miguel and Y/N couldn't blame him. "Alright LaRusso, we need to have a little talk." Johnny stated, moving forward. Daniel went to reply when his eyes landed on something behind Johnny, widening in fear. "What the-"

The group all turned to look to see Kreese walking into the dojo, a tall, very well dressed man with him. The man had silver hair pulled back into a ponytail and blue eyes. "Gentlemen. It seems we have a few things to discuss." He stated. The man's blue eyes jumped over to Y/N as he said this, making her feel vulnerable. Johnny noticed and glared at them. Who the hell is this guy? And what does he want with my kid?
------------------------------------
A/N Terry in the house y'all