Ch136 - Insight

Dedicated to Lindsey0127 for just being plain amazayn. I'm sorry I just had to, it was too phenominiall. I swear I'll stop.

But you have to admit that it was extraordinharrily brilliam.

The sound of heavy breathing and the pounding of footsteps got closer and closer. I knew that Derek, Peter and the kid called Isaac had heard it too. It didn't came as a surprise when the door got pulled open.

What did came as a surprise was that instead of seeing Liz with or without my kids, I saw a teenage girl with long brown wavy hair and smelled like blood. I glanced over to the others to see if she was a threat or not.

"Allison?" Isaac asked confused. Her name is also Allison? Well one thing is for sure, they know each other.

Allison's breathing was uneven from the running she'd done to get to the door. She took one deep breath. "It's Liz!" oh no. "She needs help!" Allison shouted in panic.

Without even realizing it we all jumped up. I knew that it would be too dangerous for one person to go in there alone! She'd never come back! I told her that. I told them all that she shouldn't go in! And what about my kids? If they'd trace her back to me then I've doomed two innocent kids! I should've never done this! I knew that I would have to work for the rest of my life to keep them safe. I should've stuck to my plan.

"Allison!" a man's voice groaned in the distance.

Without a word Allison dashed back with Isaac hot on her heels. 

I couldn't believe it. Did I really have so much faith in one delusional person? Liz had just transmitted such a comforting emotion. As if she knew what she'd be getting into and that she had all the skills to get out unharmed and without being seen. I should've trusted my gut feeling! Now my kids, my most precious things in the world, would be gone, possibly forever.

I couldn't help but go into this panicky mode. I thought I'd fucked up for good. No making up. No way out. The others around me were also caught in their own thoughts. I can guess what went on in their minds but, especially with Peter, I'd never know for sure.

Suddenly I heard multiple heartbeats approach the door once more. A total of six heartbeats. Some beating faster than others. 

"Liz..." I heard Derek breath out as I kept my eyes on the door. 

Suddenly a guy come jogging through. Liz laid in his arms while holding her left arm with a pained expression. She's alive. She actually made it back. She's impossible. 

"Mommy!" I heard Allison squeak excitedly while my eyes were on Liz. My head immediately snapped to the sound of Allison and Alex running towards me. I dropped to my knees as pure relieve washed over me. 

They're fine.

They're back.

"Mommy! Mommy! Lwiz taught us how to be a ninja!" Alex cheered after they both engulfed me with a hug.

"Yes! It was so cwool! And we were climbing fwom buildings!"

"And we pwayed hide and seek!"

"I won!"

"No, I won!"

"No... I won!"

"Lwiz said I was better!"

"She did not!"

 "She did too!"

"Guys guys!" I quickly said as I wiped away the moisture that had formed in the corner of my eyes. "I'm sure you both were great ninja's."