Ch150 - Full moon

"So yeah I just wanted to get to know you." Cora stated while I just awkwardly stared at her.

"Okay. What do you want to know?"

"I don't know, anything? Everything?" she answered with a casual shrug.

"I'm really not that interesting to listen to."

"Ah everyone has a story to tell."

"It's not like my life is interesting enough to write a book about it or something." I insisted, still feeling very awkward.

"Okay let's see, the basics... Where are you from?" she asked when she realized that I wasn't going to start telling my story.

"I'm from the Netherlands."

She nodded with a thoughtful look on her face. "How'd you get the blue eyes?"

Well that escalated quickly.

"Well it's not been proven or anything but we sort of went with a theory-"

"Hold up. You mean you don't know who you've killed?"

"No no. It's more like that my eyes were blue... before I killed someone."

"So you have killed people?" she asked to verify.

I have the feeling that she's not really getting a good impression of me...

"Yes..." I answered slowly and carefully watching her expression that simply turned thoughtful again. "But I can explain."

She nodded for me to go on and I gave her the best summary I could think of. I could see shock and anger in her eyes while telling her the story but for some reason I had the feeling that the anger wasn't directed at anyone I was talking about.

"You should watch your back." was the first thing she said after a short moment of silence. "Peter told me that you were a bad influence on Derek and that you were this coldblooded monster."

I frowned in confusion as I racked my brain for something I would've done wrong in Peter's book.

"You haven't done anything bad you can think of?" she asked "Anything that would've caused him trouble or made him feel threatened or something?"

I slowly shook my head. "The last thing he asked me to do was for me to teach his pack some fighting tricks I picked up in Holland."

"How good are you at fighting?" she asked out of nowhere.

"Uh... pretty good?" I answered immediately feeling awkward again. It's frowned upon to praise yourself by answering that you're good at something, even if that's true, but so far I'd seen that Americans had no problem with it.

"Pretty good to an extent that Peter might think you'd turn on him and become a threat to him?" Cora continued.

"Dammit." I stated after nodding slowly and looking away from her. "Well at least I'm happy that you didn't side with him. I would've woken up with a knife in my back before I knew it."

she let out a small laugh "Peter isn't really a good ally. Trust me, I know."

The rest of the time that she was here we spent talking about random shit. My mind occasionally slipped to Peter but there would be no way that he'd strike any time soon. As long as I didn't teach them any fighting tactics, I'd be too valuable to lose.

=—=—=—=

Jaylah's pov

"This is Doug." Allison explained to Isaac while holding her plush unicorn in his face. "He's my best fwiend."