Ch89 - Police escort

Suddenly I wasn't tired anymore. The adrenaline rushed through my veins as I looked at the doorway. I saw both Scott and Isaac turn around with their eyebrows knit together with worry. My heart was racing but I wasn't shifting. I couldn't shift even if I wanted to.

"No." I whispered just loud enough for the people around me to hear. Stiles and Allison also looked up from the test. Slowly but steadily there were more and more people who looked up what was taking me so long.

Allison asked me if I was alright but I didn't respond.

This couldn't happen.

How was this possible.

I thought I would have enough time.

One of the cops who worked with Stiles's dad spoke up. "Liz, could you please come with us?" He didn't move or made any attempt to get to me. But I was frozen. Frozen in fear.

"Liz, calm down!" Scott whisper yelled. "calm down." he repeated with an hinting tone.

I couldn't move. I couldn't breath. All I could do was stare.

And he noticed. Within seconds, the smug smile appeared. Without even thinking about it I jumped up from my seat, knocking over my chair in the process. If there were people who weren't watching yet, they now were.

"No this can't be true..." I said with shaky hands. 

"It is okay. You allowed to home. Everything is solved at home." my dad said with a very bad Dutch accent as he stepped closer to me.

"No..." I manage to say as I backed up between the tables of the other students.

"Nu moet je geen problemen veroorzaken. Now, don't cause any trouble." my dad said as if he said something nice.

"Go away!"

"Je weet dat ik dit moet meerekenen in je straf. Wil je echt verder gaan? You know that I'll have to add that to your punishment. Do you really want to continue?"

The cops and people around us looked absolutely confused. My back hit the wall and I slumped down on the floor, trying to get even further away from him.

"De politie staat aan mijn kant. Je kunt nergens heen. Je weet hoe dit gaat aflopen. Doe geen domme dingen nu. The police is on my side. You can't go anywhere. You know how this is gonna end. Don't do any stupid stuff, now." My dad added as if he was telling me that everything was okay. He knew that no one could speak Dutch so if he made it seem like he said something nice, he could say anything he wanted.

I stared at my dad with wide eyes. He was right. Even if I managed to escape, I would have nowhere to go. I'd be a wanted runaway with no money or skills to look out for myself. This is a dead end. 

I have to go back.

"No..." I choked out as I couldn't hold back my tears. I had to go back. I had to leave everyone behind and go back.

"Als je nu meewerkt dan verlaag ik je straf. If you work along now, I'll lower your punishment." he said as if he was comforting me against the tears.

I nodded slowly, knowing that this was gonna be my life again, and let him pull me into a hug. I didn't put my arms around him as he mumbled some threats in my ear. The slight smell of vinegar got stuck in my nose, which only made my tears even worse.

"Je bent dik geworden. You've gotten fat. Dit was geen goed idee van je en dat ga ik je heel erg duidelijk maken als we thuis zijn, begrepen? This was not a good idea of you and I'll make that very clear to you when we're home, understood?" he whispered in my ear.

When my dad finally released me, I put on my best straight face I could muster. But after seeing Stiles's and everyone's reaction, I knew I'd failed.

"Come on Liz." one of the cops, who accompanied my dad, said "Let's go."

"Hey, Parrish?" Stiles shouted through the class "What do you mean 'let's go?' Who's this?" he said while motioning to my dad. "She obviously doens't want to go."

Stiles, please shut up or come up with a better plan. This plan will get me in trouble.

"Those are private orders, Stiles." he answered.

I silently walked to the door while the tears ran over my cheeks. They can't save me.

"But she doesn't want to go!" Stiles tried.

"Stiles." Parrish said on a dangerous tone "I've got my orders and you've got your test. Just focus on your own business."

They can't help. I'm alone. I thought as the cops closed the door behind me.

Please save me.