Ch66 - One day

Derek's POV

"Geez she's a fighter." Scott said.

"Yeah." Peter said with an evil grin. Of course he liked that. That would mean that she wouldn't go down easily in a fight.

"So how long until the drug wears off?" I asked Isaac.

Isaac opened his mouth while looking around for help. "Uh..." he said when the others stared at him.

"You haven't payed attention when you got it?" I said angry. "So it could've been an overdose?!" 

I looked at Liz. She was sleeping on the seats. She'd shifted back but still looked horrible. Her shirt was covered in her own and other's blood. Normally when people sleep they look peaceful, but Liz somehow managed to look troubled even when she was asleep.

"No! It can't be an overdose." Isaac quickly said before I had a chance to act on my rage.

"Really? Why can't it?" I said through my gritted teeth.

"Uh..." he said as he scratched his neck.

For a second I felt myself lose control. I quickly closed my eyes and focused on staying human. Even though I'd learned to control myself on the full moon, it was always a day you just needed to pay extra attention.

"Nothing we can do about it now. Just wait." Peter said to me.

I nodded.

~~**~~**~~**~~

We hadn't really got time to examine Stiles's wound yet. Liz had kept us busy. We'd seen that it wasn't lethal so that had been good enough.

The wound wasn't deep but it would take some time for a human to heal.

"Well, you're not gonna die," I said after examining Stiles "Just don't let it get-"

I turned my head around as did all the other werewolves. Stiles got confused. "What?" He said.

We heard Liz's heartbeat go really fast. She suddenly shot up looking afraid, like she'd a nightmare. When she noticed where she was she let herself fall back and focused on getting her breathing and heartbeat right.

She was already awake?! Isaac didn't give her enough! The drug should've knocked her out for at least a few hours so that the moon could pass.

I slowly approached her. It didn't seem like she was shifting but she could also suddenly remember that we drugged her and get mad.

"Liz?" I said carefully since she had her head down as she slowly pushed herself up.

"I'm fine." She answered not sounding annoyed or angry. "I'm okay... Not mad."

She looked up with her normal emotionless expression. Her heartbeat was also normal.

The others breathed relieved.

"So you've found your anchor?" I asked relieved as I stepped closer to get her chains off. But she stopped me and crawled back. "No I haven't. And I really want to do violate things to you all so let's just leave the cuffs on."

I nodded and sat on one of the seats just out of her reach. "Did you just have a nightmare?" I asked her. Her heartbeat went a bit faster and she hesitated for a second. She looked up in my eyes and said "I don't dream." Her heart didn't skip a beat but with Liz that doesn't mean much.

"It's okay if you did. Everyone has them."

"Do you?"

I looked up at her. "Some times."

Her expression didn't change. "Well... I don't dream." she stated.

One day I'll get through to her.