Ch42 - Tension

Dedicated to Mady1213 for making me jump out of bed when I saw my notifications.

I leaned against wall while the others changed into their normal clothes.

"So you're absolutely okay?" Allison asked relieved.

No not yet "yes. I'm fine."

As soon as we left the locker room, we bumped into the boys. They were looking less relieved with me and pulled us to the first empty classroom they saw.

"So you're a werewolf?" Scott asked me.

I nodded.

"How long have you been one?"

I looked around and saw that Isaac wasn't with them. I thought that he'd tell them at least one version of the story.

"Uh... I think about... A week? Possibly a bit more?"

They all looked surprised.

"Who turned you?"

"Is this an interrogation?"

"No" Stiles immediately said "We're just trying to get all the facts together."

"Peter bit me."

As soon as the words left my mouth, a thick tension hung in the room. I saw that Scott balled his fist and even Stiles and Allison were getting mad.

"Because I let him." I quickly said and sneakily headed for the door. But it was too late. They all stared at me like I'd gone mad.

"You... let him?" Stiles said disbelieving.

"Uh... yes?" I said while biting my lip.

They were all quiet and searching for words. Suddenly the bell rang. I instantly dashed for the door and ran to the next class. The teacher didn't mind and let us in.

I should stop doing that. Now they have a whole hour to come up with even worse questions.

Wait... would Stiles still want me to live with him? I mean I did violate his trust. How do I find out if he still wants me to live with him? I can't just walk up to him and ask it... right? That would be really awkward. Maybe I should just presume that he hates me.

"Liz!"

I looked up in the eyes of the teacher. He was looking a bit annoyed. "What is the answer?"

I looked at the whiteboard. A mathematical formula was written on it. I knew the answer. Math was easy for me, it always has been. I just didn't know the English translation.

"Uhm... I don't know the English translation sir... But I can write it down."

The guy looked confused and insisted on me just giving the answer. 

Well fuck you too kind sir. I decided to just answer him in Dutch since he was so nice to me.

"The answer is drie wortel vijf."

The guy looked completely confused again and ended up giving me the marker. I walked up to the white board and wrote down: three root five. I handed him the marker and sat down. I knew that it was right so I enjoyed the embarrassed stare he gave me when he realized that he'd tried to embarrass me unsuccessfully.

The rest of the hour went by pretty quickly and I'd decided to just walk until I had an idea about where to go. As soon as the bell rang I sprinted to my locker and threw all my stuff in it. I saw the others getting closer to me so I ran.

Huh... I do that a lot. Running from my problems...

I passed the parking lot and headed in the general direction of the town. I knew that I could probably go to Derek's place but I really didn't wanted to go there. So far I've spend more nights at Derek's place than at Stiles's.

Well in my defense, Stiles did kidnap me and I did get slashed open by some sort of blue midget.

And what is the deal with the midget anyway? So his eyes change color when his mood changes. And what could purple mean? What does purple normally mean? What is purple... Could it be that it changes purple when it really wants to kill someone?

No, then I'd be dead right now. I was defenseless and it just left. 

What else? I feel like I'm missing something so obvious.

I heard a car drive next to me in my pace. I looked to my side and saw Scott and Stiles looking at me through the window of Stiles's jeep.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know."

"Liz, just get inside."

I stopped walking and they opened the door for me. Could I trust them? I mean they tied me up the last time that they thought I was a werewolf. 

I sighed and got in the back of the car.