Ch80 - Great advice

"You and Derek?!" Lydia gasped. 

I stared at her while she began to form some sort of evil grin. I definitely got uncomfortable. Should I say something? Like what?

"Derek has a crush on you! How'd you find out?"

"Uhm-"

"There is an age difference but I don't think you should let it bother you." she ranted on "How long have you known?"

"Well-"

"Oh my god, does anyone else know?"

"LYDIA!" I screamed to shut her up "What do I do?"

She narrowed her eyes as if she didn't understand the question "What do you mean? You already knows that you like each other, what is the problem?"

"I'm the problem! I have zero social skills. What do you even do with that information?"

"You sound like some sort of robot soldier." she said disapprovingly "Just follow your heart."

"Yeah and what if you can't find yours?" or don't have one.

"Liz, you'll be fine. You're just nervous and if you're sure he likes you, then why should you be nervous?"

God dammit I thought Lydia would have some sort of plan... or at least something else than follow your heart. That is so cliché and overused, I'm disappointed.

"So who else knows?" she asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"No one."

"When are you gonna tell him?"

"I don't know."

"Who else are you gonna tell?"

"No one."

"you're not really good at answering questions, are you?" she asked while shaking her head.

"Well, like I said, my social skill might even be below zero."

"Honestly, just go for it. You know what? I'm gonna throw you out of my house right now and I expect a text within an hour telling me how it went-"

"Wha- Hold on-" I stammered but Lydia had already pulled me to my feet and dragged me to the door.

"And don't forget to add details to that text or I'll personally call you."

Oh shit, she's serious. Lydia pushed me out of her house and closed the door behind me. New quest, time limit: an hour, I thought to myself as I began to head to Derek's place. Well one thing is certain, I'm never gonna ask for her help again. 

I couldn't help but feel nervous during the walk. I kept glancing at my phone to see the time even though I would easily be there before my 'time limit' was done. Cheesus, get yourself together Liz! You're just gonna walk in and...

Uh...

Oh god I don't even have a plan! What am I going to do? What would normal people do? I have no idea! I should Google it. As soon as I unlocked my phone the message '4% battery left' popped up. Dammit! Fine I won't Google it in order to save energy.

I put my hands in my pockets because the were cold. The weather in Beacon Hills was nicer than in Holland. Around this time it would rain a lot in Holland sometimes accompanied by a nasty cold wind. Sure it was still cold here, but not as cold as in Holland. Well, my hands could also be cold because I was so nervous.

I took a deep breath and thought about anything to keep my mind distracted. Stiles's dad had been home late the past few evenings. Something about a serial killer. Most likely the same guy who killed the dude I found a few nights ago. I'd asked Stiles if we needed to look into it but he said that everything looked human. 

That's also something that's so funny. Stiles's dad tries really hard to keep Stiles from looking through his police files but Stiles always finds a way. I swear to god, Stiles is either gonna be some sort of detective in a few years, a criminal mastermind or dead because he found some shit he wasn't supposed to find. Although I doubt that he'd die without a fight. Everyone looks out for each other here. Stiles would even be protected by Derek-

I felt my ears heat up. Oh what am I doing? I should just head home and ignore everything! I don't know what I'll do when I'll see him later! I'll probably puke on him with word vomit. Or actual vomit if I keep being this nervous.

Liz! Calm down! You're not gonna puke. Plus, I really don't want Lydia on my tail for not going. She can be really scary.

~~**~~**~~**~~

I stared at the big door leading to Derek's place. It is now or never.

I prefer never

Shut up brain! I'm gonna do this!

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.