Ch82 - Detective Stiles

"What's wrong?" Derek asked as I got out of his arms.

"Uh..." I said as I unlocked my phone.

So how's it going?

You better not have chickened out.

Liiiz?

You chickened out didn't you?

Where are you?

"Oh god..."

I swear to god, I'll call you.

You should've done it by now.

45 minutes should be enough.

Okay. I'll give you one more minute to respond or I'll call you.

"Hey." Derek said concerned "What's wrong?"

"Lydia... she's gonna" 1% battery left. I quickly pressed the 'okay' button but as soon as I clicked on whatsapp, my phone shut off. "She's gonna kill me..."

"What?" Derek asked half confused half amused with a grin on his face. 

"She uhm... We made a deal... ish... And uhm... Do you have a charger?"

"Sure." he said as he led me to his bedroom. His bedroom?! Yes, because normal people keep their charger on their nightstand. I mentally face palmed myself for being stupid.

He handed me the charger. "Pff, we need to talk about this." I said as I looked up to him. "You're an apple fanboy? IPhone sucks. Its like a disease. Luckily for you, you can be cured."

Derek started laughing. "I'm sorry but the disease runs in the family. You won't find any other charger than an IPhone one here."

Liz, think! I really don't want Lydia breathing down my neck. She can be scarier than you'd think. I can't charge my phone so that's basically useless...

"Can I borrow your phone?"

"Seriously what did she do to get you like this?" Derek asked as he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"Just being Lydia. Don't hate." I said as he was about to laugh again "She's scary."

Derek couldn't help but chuckle. I opened his whatsapp and hoped that he would have Lydia's number. After a bit of scrolling, I took a relieved breath. 

I didn't chicken out, it went great. Also, my phone died. -Liz

I quickly deleted my message before giving Derek his phone back.

~~**~~**~~**~~

"What's up with you?" Stiles asked later that night. "You've been smiling ever since you came home."

I quickly wiped the grin off my face but within seconds it reappeared. I couldn't help it. To be honest I really disliked it. Imagine being stuck with a stupid grin on your face for the upcoming hours! "Not much. Something just happened."

"Something? Like what?" he said obviously very curious.

I shook my head and turned the page of my math homework.

"Something big?"

"Oh yes." I breathed out, only to leave Stiles even more confused.

Before he could respond my phone began to buzz again. I unlocked my phone and saw:

Derek

1 new message

Stiles instantly leaped up from his bed and dashed for my phone. I quickly grabbed it and held it to my chest but Stiles was determined to get my phone. He didn't even think twice before he basically launched himself towards me.

"What are you-" I began but the chair I sat in fell backwards with Stiles and me in it. In order to keep my from hitting to floor too hard, I had to let go of my phone. It was a reflex so I didn't even think about it and quickly saved myself.

I groaned and pushed Stiles off me. It was only a few seconds later that I realized that he'd managed to get my phone.

"Stiles..." I said warningly but he didn't listen.

"Give me my phone!" I said and dashed towards him but Stiles was faster and managed to block me with his feet. I tried to reach my phone but Stiles was skilled in keeping me away. He had all the time to read it.

"You and Derek?" he asked after he'd managed to read the message.

What did Derek text me? "Uh... yeah... about that... I might've... Uhm..." I stammered and quickly said "We might've kissed?"

"You what?!"